SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purple_2009

Birth Control 'Accident'?

purple_2009
15 years ago

Okay, so I am about to make the biggest decision of my life and I need some honest advice from someone other than my family. I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years, and we have been living together for over 6 months. I am 27 and he is 32. Things are going great but the whole idea of marriage scares me because my parents had a horrible marriage. To me, it just feels like I am legally binding myself to someone! Anyway, what is most important to me in LIFE is having children; I have wanted them for as long as I can remember. All of my friends are having kids and starting families. My boyfriend is not one to talk about his feelings, EVER, so other than the fact that we live together and things are going well, I have no idea where our relationship is going. I have tried bringing it up to him, but he is just not easy to talk to about these things, and I am always left feeling no better off about our future than I did before. I am SURE we will get married one day, but when??

I have always wanted to have kids by 28 and I know timelineÂs get messed up, but this is too important. What I really want to do is go off the pill and get pregnant. We both have wonderful jobs and a house and are in a stable relationship and I know that he will love his baby, but I make a wonderful salary and could support the child on my own if I ever needed to. I want to do this so bad that I donÂt know if I can turn back at this point. Accidents happen on the pill all the time, and who knows, it could end up happening anyway. He is just such a slow mover; I donÂt think the kid conversation would even come up until IÂm 30! I know 30 is young and TONS of people have kids at 30 and above, but I canÂt give up my dream, and then what if we end up not working out anyway? Then IÂm back to square one! I have one of those mothers who is just so outside the box and I love it. She knows our situation and can see that everything would be just fine. She thinks I should just go for it, but I also want an outside opinion. What do I do?

Comments (8)

Sponsored