Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Me and The Panama Canal

Posted by jonesy (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 08 at 13:39

Trying to post a picture of this old lady,. The ship's photographer took it and added the P. Canal around it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jonesy and the P. Canal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Me and The Panama Canal

Neat pic, Jonesy. I'm going there on a Carnival cruise, March 6-14. Can't wait. Thanks for sharing, and you're not an old lady ;). Carol

o

Ohhh, sexy pose, girl! I love the picture and the background - I'm a water rat!

o

Kay I used to be a water rat, but don't have anyone to play in the water with. Most women my age wouldn't put on a bathing suit and be seen in public. I wouldn't until I had a chance to swim in the Amazon River, had to do that.

Carol, enjoy your Carnival cruise. I was told by one of the tour companies I travel with that Carnival owns Princess ships. Can you post the URL of your itinerary? Here is the one for my canal cruise.

Here is a link that might be useful: Panama Canal Itinerary

o

very cool pic jonesy...thank you for sharing.

o

Jonesy - your pushing Spring for me!! Great shot!

I usually start watching the seconds of more daylight at 5:00 sometime in December. This year I was preoccupied with the kitchen redo and really didn't start paying attention until Friday. I truly get Spring Fever and your pic is ramping it up! It's time to start planning for VAC time!!

o

Great picture Jonesy! Did you have a grand time on the trip? Hey, don't use the word "old" around me; I prefer saying "older", lol! Thanks for sharing your photo.

o

Carnival Cruise Lines's "Miracle" to the Panama Canal.
Leave Ft. Lauderdale- Thursday
At Sea- Friday
At Sea- Saturday
Panama- Sunday
Limon, Costa R- Monday
At Sea- Tuesday
Belize- Wednesday
At Sea- Thursday
Ft. Lauderdale- Friday
We will dock in Colon, Panama and take tours of the canal, take a train ride across Panama or visit other sites in the area. Carol

o

Good Morning everyone., thanks for replying. gneegirl, it wasn't spring where I was, the temps were 85 to 96 and the highest humidity I remember was 91. I doubt I would have gone if I had known the temps there. I'm glad I didn't know, it was a wonderful trip. I will post more pictures when I get them edited. I hang my favorite travel photos so I can see them everyday and remember where I've been. I put the pins on my world map yesterday, I thought I had gone to 6 new countries, but it was 8.

o
RE: Me and The Panama Canal1234

Carol, that looks like a very good trip. We didn't stop at Panama, just went through the locks and kept going. You will enjoy the cruise. thanks for sharing your information.

o

Jonesy, You are very welcome. I am looking forward to the trip. It has been planned for a year and I can't believe it is less than 5 weeks away. A friend of mine, another widow, organizes day trips, and cruises. I went with the group last March, to St. Maarten, St.Lucia and St. Kitts. We had a great time. Hence, another trip this year! Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here