Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where are all the MEN on this site?

Posted by daffodilly (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 10, 06 at 12:45

It would be helpful if people would tell their ages & whether they are male or female. I might get really interested in a 40 year old woman if I can't identify the boundaries. I'm female, 64 years old & am looking for a relationship with a man around the same age. I also like to read about & respond to others on this forum, just to see how everyone else is doing. With some names, it's hard to tell who you're talking to.

Does anyone agree? LizAnne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where are all the MEN on this site?

This isn't really a matchmaking site. It's not geared toward meeting someone with the intent of dating; more toward general discussion about what life is like as a single person. Sometimes knowing age/gender is useful when the particular topic makes where your point of view is coming from relevant, but for the most part it isn't really important. Usually, if it matters, it'll get mentioned.

o

Agreed. Not a matchmaking forum but in the interest of being forthright: female, 50, soon to be divorced after a very long separation period, 2 teens - one boy, one girl, liberal, non-Christian philosophical point of view, physically fit and active but not a hard body, 5'-1", 130 pounds.

Whew!

o

Quirk, this may seem obvious, but I think most of the people who are in this forum ARE interested in meeting someone they can identify with. Otherwise, why call it a single forum? This is my first day of getting acquainted & reading different postings. I just like to know who I'm talking to. And by the way, I've read a lot of postings talking about on-line dating. Don't tell me there is no interest in meeting someone you can relate to on this forum. If I'm out of line, tell me & I'll stick to the Garden Junk Forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here