SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
netla

Let's get started - What are the best things about being single?

netla
21 years ago

Female, childless, living alone:

You don't have to cook unless you feel like it.

You can eat your meals whenever you want to, and cook what you want.

You can hog the remote and channel-hop as much as you want, and no-one complains.

You can decorate your house/apartment to your taste. Same with the car.

You can flirt with cute guys without risking the wrath of a jealous boyfriend/husband.

You can go out to dinner with your girlfriends at short notice.

I reserve the right to add more items as and when I think of them ;-)

Comments (53)

• debi_ks
    21 years ago

No one to fight over money problems with.
    No one screaming at you because you are late.

I didn't read all the others on the list but those are the ones came up with..

• Cherryfizz
    21 years ago

Not having to clean up after anyone besides myself.
    I can come and go as I please.
    I can watch tv commercials. LOL

Anne

• Related Discussions

HAVE: Let's get this party started!

Q

Comments (11)
    I am interested in trading as well, and I'm kinda getting that you are looking for "POOFY" things. :-) I'm not sure what all I have that fits that description, but here is what I have to trade: From your list above: pink wave petunias probably some golden marguerite (need to check) as well as... Annual Sweet Peas: royal pink royal blue royal scarlet royal white Nasturtium Empress of India Diablo Dahlia Thai Silk Poppies California poppies (the traditional orange) California poppy Mikado (scarlet) Cosmos picotee Statice heavenly blue Rudbeckia irish spring Salvia St John's fire Godetia Sunflower Velvet Queen Everlasting strawflowers candytuft bells of ireland cambridge mix penstemons basket of gold alyssum a single rosy-red hollyhock (I think this is a romance series one) rose mallow (both lavender and white) white saponaria a mix of oriental poppies (orange, scarlet, salmon and pale pink) a mix of annual somniferum type poppies a mix of shirley poppies rose campion a small amount of orange cosmos a mix of long-spurred columbines in shades of pinks, burgundy and purple yellow 4:00's From your list, I would be interested in: Snapdragon Tequila Sunrise Salpiglossis Red Cockscomb Send me an email if you think there's something you'd like in exchange for those three! SG
    ...See More

What's the best thing about your MG program?

Q

Comments (11)
    eddie ,you hit the nail on the head. We can all be great garden gurus but with Master Gardener Volunteers it is more about the people we help. You must possess or LEARN people skills and be willing to concentrate how to help others . Many times people are grieving for a diseased plant,it could have had sentimental value.Sometimes they are feeling depressed because a plant dying makes them feel like a failure.Being in Florida we get many Top Gardeners from the north who come here thinking they can grow 12 months a year and want the same monster tomatoes and killer zuchinis only to discover they must cope with 12 months of bugs, lifeless sand,scorching heat ,and fungus from humidity. These once confident gardeners given the right tools and materials to educate them will soon be back to picking tomatoes but will have learned to do it in a different way. One new to the area gal wanted to cut down her 3 dead pine trees. I lived nearby and decided to take a look as pine borers have been killing many trees. It was winter and they were not pines but 2 bald cypress and a jacaranda tree! Thankfully she asked for help before cutting them down! An elderly woman was concerned about her gardening efforts at her age and how she could still amend her soil when she cannot lug 40 lb bags around any more. Mentioning how helpful red wagons are in my garden her voice lit up with excitement .Seems she had one in her garage and loved the idea of putting it to use. These people become our friends and friends are better to collect then gardening awards. That's what makes Master Gardening worthwhile.
    ...See More

Just starting the build ...what order to think about things?

Q

Comments (5)
    Brick Color is first. You will need to decide on an overall color scheme for the exterior of the house, and pick a brick that matches. If you home has an all brick exterior, this will be easier. Then Shingle color. This will go on right after framing. Window color is also crucial at this point. Windows will need to be ordered in the first week of framing. White on white comes in quicker, custom colors can take quite a bit of time. Showers also need to be installed before rough-in or before any siding or brick is put up, if you are using the one-piece fiberglass shower/tubs. These are much easier to put in during framing. (If you are using these, look at AKER brand. IMO,they have the best value in a builder grade shower, very strong, and made from an acrylic gel-coat). If you want anything custom, it is close to time to order these showers. You have some time on the rest, (flooring,interior paint, countertop material/ color, etc.) but not alot! You need to be making decisions on the items mentioned above soon! This will help prevent costly delays, waiting on things to come in. Good Luck, we are in the exact same stage. We have all of our permits, and we are waiting for the state to put in a driveway swale pipe so that the grader can get in and work. It is so frustrating waiting on the state! They have already cost us a week, and these long summer days are impossible to recover! ARGH!!!
    ...See More

everybody lets start thinking about Christmas

Q

Comments (44)
    I would like to make a gift for someone, but really do not know how to go about it. That sounded dumb, what I just typed. Anyway, here is my idea. A dear friend wrote a 3 page story that was doubled spaced, for her college class. It was about when she was 4, the security she had at her grandmothers during the day, etc. I would like to have this printed in a nice font and framed. I do not want it to be so small that a person cannot read it, nor too large, that it would take up 3 frames. Any ideas to make this project attractive and sentimental. Any ideas on matting, etc? Thank you to all that can help.
    ...See More
  • tracymomof4
    21 years ago

female- twice divorced- 4 boys ages 17-13 living with me 1 puppy, 4 fish, 1 hamster and an iguana.
    good things about being single;
    NOT A DAMN THING
    i hate it

• jamie_mt
    21 years ago

I have to enjoy this "living alone" thing while I still can - am engaged and getting married in 2004. I've been living alone for 3 yrs - it's absolute *bliss*, I love it! :-)

Things I will miss *terribly* about living alone (w/3 dogs, fish, and various other little critters - no kids):

- Not having to share the bathroom, closets, kitchen, or remotes
    - Keeping my own schedule and not having to worry about another person coming or going
    - Cooking only for myself (though this is fast disappearing as my fiance eats here more often...I don't know why, but there's way more "pressure" when you're cooking for someone else!)
    - Being able to take a bath and not have to ask if I can "hog" the bathroom for 2 hours
    - Knowing that the mess is all mine, and cleaning it up or not is completely up to me
    - Being able to sit on the couch, popping pain killers and drinking tea during "that time of the month" without being asked "what's wrong"
    - Decorating the house is all up to me, and I don't have to ask before bringing home a new pet

And a bunch of the other things already mentioned, of course. I am *sooo* glad I got to experience living alone before getting married - it's truely wonderful. :-)

• Daisyduckworth
    21 years ago

Female, over fifty, kids left home long ago.

nobody hogs the blankets
    nobody else's smelly socks to wash
    meals - how, when, where and what suits me
    bed when it suits me
    outings when it suits me - and with whom I please
    no family get-togethers
    all TV shows to suit me
    no sports - any kind - on TV, over dinner, weekends - any time! YIPPEE!
    no more 'I'll check with my husband and let you know'
    everything is mine, mine, mine
    toilet seat is ALWAYS down
    no hairy shower recesses and vanities
    doors and drawers are always shut

There are probably many more that will come to mind as soon as I press the submit button!

• kframe19
    21 years ago

If I ever think of any, I'll be sure to let you all know.

• darkeyedgirl
    21 years ago

OH MAN I forgot about the hairy-shower thing! And the hairy-sink thing! There is nothing ickier than seeing a beautiful white porcelain sinktop covered in itty bitty chopped off hairs, everywhere!

- darkeyedgirl

• Kathsgrdn
    21 years ago

No in-laws
    I can read a book if I darn well please (not that I have time to, but if I wanted to I could!)
    No more gory, sicko movies
    No more put downs about what I'm wearing or my weight
    Can laugh on the phone with a friend without rude comments

• browntoestoo
    21 years ago

Aw, come on Kframe, even morose old me can think of a couple of good things:

ÂI get to pick all the art.

ÂI can read in bed with the light on as long as I like.

ÂNo snoring to wake me.

ÂNo having to hunt for the lost remote under the sofa cushions.

ÂNo more Rush Limbaugh.

ÂNo one calling me "b*tch."

ÂI can have a bowl of cereal for dinner if I want.

ÂThe closet is mine, all mine!

See, it's not so bad!

Eileen

• bbolts
    21 years ago

I have been married before and also lived with my current boyfriend, but moved out to live (blissfully) by myself because I couldn't stand the way he parented his children. We get along great now that we live apart.

The best things.....

No surprises when you walk into the bathroom.

I don't miss the bodily noises either!

No one telling my doggies to get off the bed.
    Having the bed all to myself.

Comming home after a hard day at work to wonderful SILENCE!! (except for the fur-persons that are whooping it up because I'm home)

Being able to listen to what ever music, loud, that I am in the mood for, be it smooth jazz, 80's, trance/electronica....without being teased or nagged!

Not having to justify ANY of my purchases...because I make enough money to buy almost anything I want, and spend it any way I choose!!! And not a dime came from anyone,ever, except for my own hard work.

No one giving me attitude because I don't cook/clean/whatever the way a WOMAN should..

Finally, yes I used to feel lonely at times when I lived alone right after my divorce, but I am older and
    now know that you can be desparately lonely in a house full of people, and can be very happy and content all by yourself. My dogs are a constant joy and they help me feel safe because they bark like mad at everything. So other than squishing spiders and booty-call that my boyfriend provides, I can go on with this arrangement forever! :0 )

• civilmind
    21 years ago

I can second just about everything that has already been mentioned. Reminds me of a list I used to have called the Joys of Being Single.

How about this one...better car insurance rates.

• Toni_KY
    20 years ago

Female, separated, soon to be divorced:

- Cat can sleep with me (DH was allergic so she wasn't even allowed in bedroom).
    - No snoring or sleep apnea to disturb my sleep.
    - I can put on as many or as few covers as I want without having a war,
    - No one to complain if I didn't shave my legs!
    - The bathroom/bedroom/kitchen/whatever STAYS clean after I clean it!
    - I can spend money on whatever I want.
    - My tv hasn't seen a sporting event in AGES!
    - The driver's seat of the car stays where I put it.
    - The car's gas tank doesn't suddenly need refilling when I get into it.

I'm sure I could think of more! :-)

• itsmesuzq
    20 years ago

Divorced and on my own for the last 9 years.....

NO stupid sports all weekend long....

NOT having to call and say I'm stopping at the mall on the way home....

The house is the same way I left it this morning.....

Doing what I want, when I want, anytime I want....glory be!!

Having dinner with friends at the drop of a hat.....

Going to bed at 7:30 if I want to, and not having to listen to the TV blaring away in the living room......

Cooking/or not anything my heart desires....or stopping by my favorite taco stand on the way home.......

Sleeping with my cat, who just purrs when I turnover.....

Managing my own wallet, checkbook, bills, purchases, vacation money, savings.....well, you get the drift.....

I love living on my own, and I can't imagine partnering ever again!!

~Susan

• cube1067
    20 years ago

I love being the master of my own destiny...I love being in the driver's seat of my life.

When I look at how married mothers give their lives over to everyone else...I don't know how they do it. I would resent it. I think our culture romanticizes marriage & motherhood - won't brook any unkind words about it. A woman is suppose to WANT it, LOVE it, and be incomplete without it. But I take my own informal survey about the joys of coupledom/parenthood everytime I sneak candid looks at couples and parents - I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen unabashed joy. I notice how many plots to murder the spouse show up on those forensic shows. I notice how many married people sign up for the military - willing to leave their family and kids; it looks noble, but I'm betting some of them want a break from the relationship duties and are willing to risk IRAQ to get that break. I've heard a married women say she felt like a single mother for all the help she gets at home. I've had 2 married men tell me they understand my lack of desire for marriage. I had one older women tell me that marriage "ain't all it's cracked up to be".

I think most folks struggle with finding their purpose in life. Marriage and family gives people a socially accepted purpose and it's a relatively easy thing to do. To me, a measure of a poor marriage is one where the couple devotes all their energy to "the children". Let's take a look at that couple after the children fly the coop - if they fly the coop - because parents like these tend to raise children who can't take care of themselves.

• jessiecarole
    20 years ago

well said cube. when I get blue about my single status, I cheer myself up by reading the marriage forum

• civilmind
    20 years ago

Well said, Cube! I can't tell you how many times I've been told I'm smart to stay single. If I really thought I was missing out on something great, I'd have done something about it by now. However, I don't want a life full of chaos. I'll take my simple single life over a tumultous relationship any day, thank you!

I find it odd, however that it seems to be mostly women posting here on the joys of singledom.

• sylviatexas1
    20 years ago

Several years ago there was a scientific study done on "happiness". It found that the happiest peopler were married men & single women.

• CraftyGirl75
    20 years ago

I really do believe that study and can completely understand why.

Divorced, no kids, but no living with someone again...
    and remembering how great it was to be single.

Of course married men are happy. Think of it girls, if the house is messy - who cleans it? More than likely you, and not because you just love doing it, but because you can't stand to see it messy. Or because his idea of clean and yours vary considerably. And what about laundry and dishes? Who does them? Again, probably you. Let me guess why - because you do a better job. When he does the laundry he can't seem to remember that your best black pants do not go in the dryer; or that your white blouse can't be washed with his inky work clothes even though Tide is the best! I think they do it on purpose. They do an awful job because eventually they know you'll get sick of it being done wrong and you'll just start doing it yourself. I think it's taught to them in the womb or something.

I pretty much agree with all the points mentioned above about being single. I'm reminded yet again how great it used to be.

Kudos to the men who actually do help out and do a great job of it. I'm sure your girlfriends appreciate it.

Heather

• Carrie B
    20 years ago

I can come home from the community garden after dark - with no phone call home - and have a frozen dinner or a yogurt.

The cat can sleep on my pillow and purr into my head as loud as she wants.

I can make a phone call anytime I want - because the line's not being tied up by his computer.

I don't have to take ANYONE else into consideration when making my plans and going about my daily life.

I don't have angst over someone elses mood swings.

I don't have to "check in" before accepting (or extending) an invitation.

• Fat_Daddy
    20 years ago

Ya know ALL these replies have been from Woman's Lets hear a
    man view of best part of being single. Here goes

NO NAGGIN from a fussin ol nag.
    Go when and where you want.
    Don't pick up a thing.. Maid does it on Friday house clean for weekend.
    Don't have to be a SEX object all the time. you belive that one??
    Go to massage place and pay for sex when you want it
    Don't have to have a bunch of Cackklin ladies over yapping
    in your house over a dumb game BUNKO.
    Buy any Truck I want
    Put in a dirty movie. "romanceing the bone" is my favorite.
    Have the guys over for some cards and cold beer, rerun movei
    Go out danceing and bring a hot hoe back to yo house.

Yep thise are the best part of being a single MAN!!
    hmmmm.....er hold on...Waaaa.... O.
    I gotta go I gotta take garbage out. WIFE'S HOME !!!!!
    hehehehehe ;>)

• gina_in_fl
    20 years ago

Single Sucks!! Unless you have a honey with some talents!

In the last three months, got done:
    Two yards sodded.
    Garbage disposal, water heater replaced.
    Whole interior of house repainted.
    Pool cleaned regularly.
    Plumbing repairs up to replacement of disposal & water heater.
    Lawn maintained.
    Dinners cooked (I usually end up doing dishes)
    Laundry washed, dried, put away properly.

Single life sucks only if you don't have a honey hanging around to share it with.

Essentially, having to do it all by yourself really doesn't cut it. We possibly "could" do it all, but what's the fun in that?? More fun to find someone and dangle a carrot!! :)

• crnaskater
    20 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority - never married or had kids.

No college tuition to worry about
    Have my own home (my 4th and last)
    Clean when I feel like it even at 3 am
    Privacy
    No pets to worry about, boarding for when I take a trip, vet bills, etc.
    Furniture placement/location that suits my style and habits
    Finacial security and management
    Get to talk with people (on trips) who are fascinated by a woman traveling alone rather than in the pack mentality
    Being available to good friends (in marriage or hard times) without having to check with spouse/children

• Tinmantu
    20 years ago

Figured I'd join the male side since someone asked..The first year I was divorced (after 18 yrs of marriage), I dated, thinking that I "needed" a relationship again, but proceeded with caution(once bitten,etc)..8 years later, I have become rather satisfied (almost selfish with my private time) to have solitude and go on weekend trips on a whim

• cube1067
    20 years ago

Treeskate, I relate to talking with people who are *fascinated* by a woman traveling alone. They treat you almost like a hero, don't they? As if it's some colossal feat that you could pack your bags, make reservations, and board transport alone.

• sylviatexas1
    20 years ago

The radio stays set at my stations,
    the seat stays set for the length of my legs,
    the mirrors stay set for the height of my head.

The hammer/nails/scissors/knives/pruners/pens & pencils stay where I put them.

I know whether there's toothpaste, laundry detergent, ice, & trash bags before I get home in the evening.

If I have one pair of clean underwear to put on tomorrow, I don't have to worry about clean underwear!

• goldy
    20 years ago

You can eat cornflakes for supper and f-rt when you want.You have only you to answer to.If you don't worry about who will bring you a cup of water when you get bedridden life can be great.

• Tinmantu
    20 years ago

LOL...good ones, Goldy....btw, did you ever get your computer clock thing figured out?...mine behaved for a week after I posted on the computer forum, left for a few days and it's yanking my chain again....Happy New Year to you!

• goldy
    20 years ago

Yes my clocks working fine.Ihad it set wrong .Should have been eastern time and I had it set at central.It's the small things that throw you off.Was ready to call Dell and throw a fit.Check your right area.Let me know.I feel so smart now.

• Tinmantu
    20 years ago

I still haven't got this thing figured out....it's set on the right time zone....lost an hour last night, didn't reset it and since I have been home tonight it lost another one....glad you got yours fixed, Goldy!

• cheerful1_gw
    18 years ago

As someone who may be single very soon, the best things for me would be: not having to answer to someone else; not being prey to their bad moods; going and doing at your own pace; not having to explain myself constantly; not walking on eggs constantly because you're worried about what the other person will do.

• lovetogarden
    18 years ago

All my decisions are unanimous!

• centralcacyclist
    18 years ago

Options! The world is my oyster!

• grammahony
    18 years ago

Not having to answer to anyone.
    Come and go when and where I want.
    Cook or not.
    Laundry a lot less often.
    Sleep as late as I like.
    Leslie

• wannadanc
    18 years ago

I think you have said it all - I remember one first "date" with a less than awesome person who told me how much he missed coming home to a hot cooked meal. I looked him in his baby blues and told him that I missed that as well!!!!!!!

LOL Vicki

• Corky265
    18 years ago

What a great thread!

Toilet Seat Always Down
    More Closet Space
    No In-Laws
    No Yelling, Screaming, Fighting About Anything
    Bathroom  Completely Mine & Clean All The Time
    No One Keeping Me Awake With Snoring or Tossing & Turning
    No One Hogging the Covers or Bed
    Don't Have to Cook for Another Person
    Don't Have to Do Laundry for Another Person
    Don't Have to Clean Up After Another Person
    No Blasting Television - Especially Sports
    Remote Always in Exact Place I Left It [Never Lost]
    Can Read a Book All Day Long If I Choose
    Coming Home After Work to Quiet, Not Non-Stop Talking
    Total Privacy  Personal Space
    Do Whatever I Feel Like 24/7

I have never been married and couldn't care less. All the married people always want to "set you up" with someone because they just can't understand HOW you could be happy being single - without a man in your life! These are the same people who fight with each other over the kids, money, etc. How many married couples end up divorced anyway? I want nothing to do with any of it!

• jeaninwa
    18 years ago

Knowing if you left that one last serving of ice cream in the carton for later, it will BE there later!!

js

• hildegardsc
    18 years ago

Not having to hide new clothes purchases in the trunk of the car and bring it in when he is at work and then lie and deny that is is new. Been there, done it.

• jeaninwa
    18 years ago

Not having someone telling me "No, we can't do it that way". Or "No, we can't plant that bush there".
    Grrrrrrrrrrr

Or, asking someone for help, and they just flat say "no". Gawd, I hated that! Now at least I know I can just do it myself, or it don't get done.
    I might as well have been single for awhile while we were still together....................

Jean

• scarlett2001
    18 years ago

Yes, the toilet seat thing-in fact,the whole bathroom civilization issue.

Also puting the color PINK back in my bedroom.

No more holidays with his family!!!

Actually doing better financially without him draining us.

No more dreading being incarcerated for life when I finally snap and do something socially unacceptable...(Yes,I'm only kidding... I think.)

• neipert
    18 years ago

Only cleaning up after yourself. If there is a mess you made it.

Being able to save money. Spending it on the things you want.

Peace in the house. Visiting with friends if it gets too quiet.

There is time to visit with the friends and there are friends to visit.

• softball_80
    18 years ago

Sleeping 'til the crack of noon.
    Midnight howlin' at the moon.
    Going out when I want, and coming home when I please.
    Don't have to ask permission when I want to go out fishin'
    Never have to ask for the keys.

- from Tom Waits "Better Off Without a Wife"

• grammahony
    18 years ago

Since this originated back in early "03", has anyone gotten hitched again? Or is everybody still enjoying the option of being single. I'm still lovin it.
    Leslie

• Kathsgrdn
    18 years ago

Still single here. Not sure if I'm still so happy about it, can be pretty lonely sometimes. But, then I think of how lonely I was married alot of times too.

• fsaforo
    18 years ago

Being happy with being you and rediscovering my inner self after raising two daughters on my own and now being a new grandma.

I all of a sudden feel like I'm seeing the world for the first time, this new me I like, she is more confident, stronger and willing to take on the world by herself as long as I've got GOD, the rest is child's play.

Flo

• sugarplum_pdx
    18 years ago

Hi - new member here, and I enjoyed reading this thread. I've never been married, no kids, and got out of my last relationship 2 years ago. At times I feel like there's something wrong with me for not dating, and sometimes I do get lonely. But this thread helped me remember all the things I do like about being single and living alone! So here's my list of favorites:

- I don't have to listen to Howard Stern in the morning anymore.
    - I can rent silly movies without having to listen to comments about it being "gay".
    - I can listen to anything on the radio, whether it's classical or jazz or country
    - I have hot pink accents in my bathroom, which never would've gone over with the ex-bf.
    - I eat a lot better because I don't have to work around his picky diet (ex-bf wouldn't eat a lot of the things I like)
    - I can stretch out in the bed, and can sleep late without anyone making comments
    - I don't always shave my legs or other body parts anymore, unless I feel like it

I think the key, though, is that if you have a really GOOD relationship, a lot of these things aren't an issue. For example, my next boyfriend will not be someone who would call everything "gay" or criticize me or veto all my decorating decisions. At least I hope not.

• mimi_boo
    18 years ago

Sounds like you made a good choice in making him your EX-boyfriend!

Barbara

• doone
    17 years ago

I think the best thing is being single is being able to make all my own decisions. I listen to my married girlfriends and my sister. They have to "ask" their husbands. The husband gets to make ALL the decisions. This truly drives me crazy. To me, a marriage should be a partnership, not a dictatorship.

I was once married...to an idiot. He chose what ring I should wear. He chose what car I drove. He chose what house I lived in....he also chose to leave me at home with the baby while he went out with his girlfriend...

I truly enjoy being single.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    17 years ago

I'm a professional old maid...55 years young and no children. My list of the best things about being single would include most of the above mentioned things.

I am fortunate though to have a wonderful BF of 25+ years who lives an hour away, and that I see once each weekend. Lots of folks ask if I think we will ever get married, and my reply is that if it isn't broken, then why fix it?

So many folks tell me that I am so smart to have never married. They're not telling me anything I didn't already know...lol

Sue

• maryland_irisman
    17 years ago

Ya know, all I've seen here are women bashing men as to why it is a good thing to be single. I've been single for over 25 years myself and I can tell you it has been absolute bliss. Not because I crawled in a corner and had nothing to do with women. I love them and have dated hundreds. Yea, I could sit here and make a list of all the nasty things about them and why being single "saved" me from all that but I won't. The best thing I can say about being single is that I was able to meet so many interesting people and have made many friends. Instead of judging these people, I took them the way they were since after all, they are human too and have faults as well as I do. I have never dumped an old friend every time I made a new one. I'm still great friends with my ex wife. Just because we couldn't live under the same roof without one of us comitting murder doesn't mean either of us is any less of a good person.

Oh yes, I plan to grow old with someone and will enjoy it tremendously and will make sure the woman I choose and who chooses me does too. In defense of Sue-Chemocurl--I think it was Katheren Hepburn who said that the best relationships are where each person has their own home but visit each other often. Hey, it does work!!!

• terrene
    17 years ago

Hi, I'm a new poster on the Gardenweb website, I was exploring the forums and found this one. I'm a single Mom, 46 - one son who is almost 13. I've been busy raising him, work, chores, etc - it is a pretty full plate - and alone for 5 1/2 years now.

I posted some thoughts about what I liked about being single in a thread I started - sorry, didn't realize this one was here and that I was being redundant.

This thread was an interesting read. Good to know there are other people who appreciate things about the single life.

Sponsored