Kayjones is my 'cyber' name .
Jo is my 'real' name.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cyber name + real name

gabriele is my "real" name

o

If I wanted cyber-strangers to know my real name I'd post it. I don't. Don't know why anyone else would.

o

Asolo, we will just assume you are on here for no other reason! We really didn't want to know YOUR name anyway!!!

o

I'm thinking Asolo's real first name starts with as...

o

I'm considering changing my name to Bob, as 20 million Mike's keep getting called because I gave my first name on the internet... now they have found me and are leaving annoying messages on my voicemail. There has to be at least 30 million Bob's.....but seriously, I don't think a first name basis is a bad thing IF someone wants to be a part of an internet community. Jo is kind of pushy though, next she will be asking for our social security number. :)

o

Ohh, Mike - sour grapes? Hey - if you don't want to give your first name, it's no problem to me - I was just trying to get something going on this forum. I'll let you guys take it from here.

o

That's funny Michael. Jo, since you are "kind of pushy" my ss# is 555-55-5555, and my home # is 1-555-555-5555!

My name is Eloise, and I wish I had used a different name for my cyber name.

Nice to see you posting here Asolo, don't let any of us drive you away.

o

I have lots of cyber names, and only one real name, so I think I'm not gonna share it. Junkyardgirl comes from having so much junk in my house. My real name comes from the bible. That oughta narrow it down....a little. How many women are there in the bible? Not too many. Mostly men, I think.

Asolo, are you named after the theatre in Sarasota? Nice theatre.

o

You know I was just having fun, Jo....not a bad idea for a thread. Obviously some people like Jezebel and Bob don't want us to know them on a first name basis. JK guys, don't take me serious.

o

My real name is very distinctive, Mom and Dad made it up so I never use it on-line. Even on my name tag at work, I have just my first initial and last name.

o

Junkyardgirl...not familiar with Sarasota. "Asolo" is brand name of hiking boots I once owned. Noting kayjones & mimi boo's attitudes, perhaps I should have chosen waders.

o

lol Eloise....I tried to steal your personal information based on those numbers and they didn't work!...You're not playing the internet game properly.

o
Still trying though....

I did an internet lookup and there are 40,000 women with the first name Eloise in California....I will soon catch up with you, my pretty.

o

Asolo, maybe you should go by Asolo Waders, lol! It sort of has a unique ring to it, don't you think?

Michael, 40k women with my name! And here I've been told that they don't hear that name often. Guess I better get off my high horse now that I've found out my name is very common, lol!

dirt_yfingernails, are you into gardening and that's the reason for your cybername?

o

Eloise is a fairly unique name...I was just throwing out numbers to give you a hard time...I have only known one other lady named that in my life....Many more Mikes, and dozens more Bobs.

o

I had a bob at one time... it took AA batteries.

o

hmmmmm....nah, I won't go there..lol

o

LOL - I will, Mini!

o

Battery-Opperated-Boyfriend! that's Bob! He dont talk back, he's not disgusting with his bodily noises,he wont cheat on you, he wont lie to you, the TV isn't blasting all day and all night, he doesnt snore....of course, you dont get flowers or other special treats from him either, or hugs, or conversation......thre is always a good side and a bad side.

o

Yes, I love to garden! I was going to use the name dirtygirl, DH's nickname for me, but it sounded kinda racy the way he said it to me.

o

I have a Bob...............what I appreciate about him the most is that he's cheap - yep, doesn't cost more that the price of two AAA batteries once a year! I can use him and then kick him out whenever I'm done with him. He never lets me down and he is always waiting for me. He doesn't mind being used and I shouldn't be talking like this - please disregard!

o

thanks Jo...now I dont feel so bad about my comment about Bob! :-0

o

LOL - Gabriel, a friend is a friend, WHEREVER you find him/her! I say good things about my friends, thus I spoke kindly about my friend, b.o.b., just as you did - it's ok! A guy has his friend, Rosy, and her four sisters, so we can have B.o.b.! LOL

o

hahahaha!!!!! yeah!

o

Only two AAA batteries a year?...Does Bob mow the yard?

o

Who cares?!

o

two AAA's a year, Bob must lead a very dull life

o

Maybe they're Everyready lithium batteries...

They keep going,

and going,

and going,

o
Who Cares What Your Name Is?

Rechargables - haftabe to live with me! Don't forget - I am PUSHY! Michael, do I need to tell YOU that B.o.b. isn't bored?!

o

OMG!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

o

Good morning, Gabriel!

o

Well. Hmmm. I just finally opened this thread to add my name...

Eileen is my real first name. I was never given a middle name. When I married I used my maiden name as my middle. I've kept my married name because the kids are comfortable with that and everyone can spell it. If some named Kusznierewicz asked me to marry him, we'd have to talk... ;)

When I first joined GardenWeb back in 199-something I went by a different name indicating my proclivity for gardening at the time. I created a new account under the name of BarnMom because my daughter is a competitive show jumper. Prior to that I was a gym mom, because both kids did competitive gymnastics.

Carry on...

o

Eileen, I am sure (if you prompted us), we would remember you from the early days. Speaking of difficult-to-spell/pronounce names, my sister-in-law's last name is now 'Mieluchowski'. She's a first grade teacher - can you imagine the names she must get called by those little tongue-tied, lisping kiddos?!!! LOL

My grandkids took tumbling for a while and you can imagine some of the scary moves they can perform. My four-year old grandson starts across the tv room, runs full speed ahead and does a head stand in the recliner! This little midget scares the pee right out of us! LOL Then, there are the moves they learned in martial arts - demonstrations by the two boys - Darin is 4 and Devin is 6 - that's pretty scary, too. They live on the beach, and when I took them there to play, they were tossing each other around on the sand - thought they would hurt each other, but they didn't.

o

Jo, I ran afoul of the powers that were and was permanently dismissed to a "Small World." Twice. So now I keep my nose out of forums where I might get annoyed and say something snarky! Yup, I have a mind and mouth and I tend to use them.

I got immune to watching my daughter fly through the air. I couldn't watch her now, though. I'm glad they have helmets in horse back riding. She was my kinetic kid, the one who knocked art off the walls and tumbled across the furniture.

o

Well my cyber name is Miss Moriah... thus my real name is Moriah. I've always used my real first name with my cyber name for the most part. It's always unique! And hardly ever taken already! Other than that I do use Chaotic Matter... for that is me in a nutshell! Chaos is my shadows siamese twin. Eh anyway, I have to say that this thread has been quite entertaining...

And AMEN to the B.O.B'S!!!! :)

o

Welcome Moriah....indeed a unique name....at least now I know what to get you ladies for Christmas next year...a pack of batteries and a charger and you will be satisfied. :) I suppose gas powered Bobs are out?...should have thought of this when I was married. Could have saved hundreds.

o

Oh, Michael - please don't send me anything - could you please deliver it in person?!!!

o

But....you have bob...I have nothing else to give...he doesn't snore...heh

o

Oh, that's right - I forgot about Ms. New Jersey - sorry!

o

Yep, I have Ms. New Jersey....looking like she may come for a month or so visit in March....She might bring bob and we'll have a threesome....LOL

o
hehe

In my best Larry the Cable Guy voice....Lord, I didn't mean that.

o

why not? a threesome with bob is fun! :-) hehe...and helpful, i might add!

o

I have to cover my butt by the disclaimer....I've been sent to Disney Land by tamer comments than this thread...baby steps, baby steps

o

This thread is a great one - I have enjoyed it so much! I have only been on the teacup ride one time, a long time ago, for some website I posted - I had no idea I wasn't supposed to post other forum locations - oh, well - live and learn.

o
It's almost over!

Michael, I forgot to say "YEA" to Ms. New Jersey visiting - feel free to introduce her to us - we will be happy to tell her everything we know about you! I know you will have a lot of fun, 'cause you are a fun guy, Michael!

o
Oh, so sorry, Charlie!

Oops, wrong heading on wrong thread - sorry! I had to change the heading in order to post again - oh, geeze - I goofed up another perfectly good thread!

o

So... I take a short break from this forum and look what I come back to!

I'm a michael also so I never use that name. I think Michael was the Archangel that threw Satan out of heaven but then I'm not much of a Bible reader.

My other "real" name is Lyra. Lyra started as an Internet name and has worked its way into my "real" life.

o

Well, if you are a 'Michael' you are a good guy and we really, REALLY like Michaels on this forum!

Yes, legend has it that Michael was the "TOP" angel who tossed the devil and his angels out of heaven.

o

Nice to see you, bunnyman...I never use the name Michael in my world...always hated it when my mom called me that....Being here and people using it, more or less endears me to the name to the point where it doesn't bother me anymore. My mom reminds me of my namesake every now and then. At least she didn't name me Bob.

o

I did!

o

You did what?

o

Michael, if Ms. New Jersey wasn't coming into town, I could explain what I 'did', but I think I should slow down on the inuendos - I don't want to upset your lady.

o

OMG....I'm laughing soooooooooooooooooooo hard!!
Jo, I think it went right over his head! lol

Gee, do ya suppose you could guess my name?
Yeah, it's Jean and I live in Washington.

I have a B.o.b. too. Was given to me by a friend! woo hoo! Mine takes AA's................

o

And your SO is named Ben? As in Benwa?

Sorry. I'll go away now.

o

Hi Jean...nice to see you back....nah, it didn't go over my head....I was just testing her to see how far she'd go.

o

Never 'test' an Aries woman - she is smarter than you think!

o

Bah, all Aries women are all bark and no bite. ;)

o

Well, I disagree - we love to bite!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here