Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This is NO FUN!

Posted by kayjones (plant_lady2@hotmail.com) on
Sun, Jan 6, 08 at 16:02

Come on, Friends - don't make me carry this forum all by myself! I mean - I know - I am just SO INTERESTING, but I need help once in a while, so let's GIT 'R DONE!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This is NO FUN!

Oh but you do it soooo well, Jo. Photobucket

The conversation is flowing here better than the old days, at least...I recall having to do a rant every once in a while to even get the links to show a new post. Hopefully my week will be a bit quieter where I can look in little more.

o

I surely hope so, Michael - you make our lives exciting and we love you for it! OK, I will do some thinking and see if I can stir up some controversial topic.

o

I'm sorry, darlin'! Everyone here tends to be rah-rah, yippee-skippee, I-love-being-single and I don't! Hard to work up much to say on the subject. I could tell you about my work... Yeah, I'm falling asleep, too.

o

I haven't been here in a while, and I'm sorta kinda not single....can I still post?

o

Of course you can - at least I don't think anyone would mind. We do have discussions on "single" topics every once in a while, but mainly it's a place where us singles can find someone to talk to/with and share - at least I think that's it. Anyone have other thoughts...??? I'm sure you were single at one point so you may have ideas, etc. So as far as I'm concerned, it's OK. As long as we aren't talking about married life - that might be a bummer for us (even though some of would secretly have a green streak - LOL).

K-J - don't worry, I'll be back in the thick of it soon. I'm a little like Michael now at work, and of course trying to get this darn kitchen going - FINISHED!!!!!!! Keep posting and I'm sure we'll all be here to follow suit. Not putting the burden on you, but I'm plum out of ideas other than kitchen ones right now. Thanks for waking us up though - we are getting a little stale. Next weekend is my birthday and I'm anxious to party - I hear a rant coming!!

Michael - K-J is right. I think we all luvya here and it's very noticeable when you aren't around. When you get the time back, come on in a sit a spell.

Night all - I don't know what's wrong with me, up this late! I gotta go to work in the morning! Hope everyone is well.

gng

o

Anyone can post here - we are SO HUNGRY for good conversation, aside from our kids and bosses, so come one - come all!

Gnee, I went to bed at 10, read til 10:30, layed awake until midnight and I GUESS I fell asleep - I sure am tired today! I couldn't get the show 'Girls Next Door' off my mind - that Kendra IRKS me so badly!!! If I could slap her I would - and tell her to GROW UP!

And - excuse me - but calling that old toad, Hugh Hefner - HONEY?!!! EWWWWWWWWWW!!!! OK, so give ME some fake boobs, some hair extensions and the same amount of auto body puddy she has on, and I could pass as a 'sex kitten' too! LOL

I watch the show JUST IN CASE they drop a clue as to why three YOUNG women would hang with this old coot - I can't reiterate 'YUK' hard enough - BLACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

o

I've often wondered if they really do "sleep" with him or not. He's 80 for goodness sake! And that Holly really thinks he's going to change his mind one day and marry her and give her a kid?

Wake up and smell the coffee.

o

thank you thank you

I'm legally married, haven't been with him in nearly 5 years. Live alone, but have a honey I see on the weekends. That's what I meant about sorta kinda.

I'm turning 51 in a couple of weeks and I'm not quite sure how/when I got that old.

o

Old - not yet! At least it better not be or I'm in trouble. Bday is Sunday and I'll be 54! I can't possibly be old. At least that's what I keep telling myself. But, sometimes I think I live my life like I'm 80. My 85yr old aunt has more fun than I do!!

OK, I guess that qualifies you as single, but just curious, why still married? None of my business but I ask because I did the same thing. I had my old manager ask me why I didn't get my divorce and I just told him that I didn't need to - we never saw each other and it was just easier than conjuring up old stuff from the marriage. After the divorce, the sense of freedom was amazing. I never thought I was stuck but after the divorce, I realized that I was. But as I said, your situation is none of my business. Just passing my thoughts.

Glad to have you join us!!

o

OK, friends - I guess since I am the only one posting regularly, I will stop posting, too. I just can't keep a one-person question/answer session going any more - I keep getting the wrong answers! LOL

o

K-J - ROTFLOL!!!!!

You are too funny! You know you can't stop now! Hopefully I didn't offend anyone on this thread by my last comment. Maybe that's why they stopped posting. Sorry, if I did. Didn't mean any malice; I just know from a personal experience - which by no means is gospel, that the less you carry around, the better. Guess I got the wrong answer too!

So, everyone, listen to Kayjones and get to postn'!!

gng

o

I'm here and posting....seems like every time I check in, nobody is around....I was here earlier too, then took a drive and played with my camera.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunday drive

o

Nice, Mike! I don't have pics from today to share but I have pics of my daughter's pre-formal gathering from last night. My daughter is the pink blur. Feel free to wander about the rest of my photobucket pages.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alice and friends.

o

Those are some great photos you have Eileen...making me feel old though...I remember the days of you talking about your pre-teen kids and now they have grown up....looks like you have done a fine job. Way to go!!

o

You guys are so funny! Thanks for the giggle. Jo, if you quit posting, I'll quit posting, then the forum will just die a slow and painful death!

I hate being single sometimes, but I hated being married too, so who knows?

Anybody wanna go to karaoke with me this week?

o

Now you wouldn't want me to do thaaaat - I can't sing!! I can clap real good - for when you guys belt one out - LOL.

gng

o

Yes, Mike, you and I go back a ways don't we.

Did you look around and find my high school senior son?

You have some lovely scenic shots on your pages.

Eileen

o

Yes we do, brown toes....I have to be honest, since it's been a few years since I've seen pics of your kids, but is it Daniel? I think he was 12 when I first got to know you.

o

Where IS everyone? How come no one else is posting?

o

I'm here...don't I count?

o

jo...we're all over there ...WITH YOU...on the cyber name forum! :-)

o

Phew! I thought you had flown the coop!!!

o

The refresh button is your friend, dear.

o

I got lost....but I'm back.

gng...I don't mind you asking why I haven't divorced yet. Partly for the same reason you waited, and partly because I'm afraid of opening a can of worms. He is mentally ill, and I don't know if he will co-operate, if he even needs to cooperate and what a mess it will make him to have to deal with it all. He thinks we're already divorced.

o

Wow, Jean - what a bummer, for you and him. Life takes some realy unexpected turns, and I guess this one is like that. I pray it works out for the best. But, it looks like you are handling it well, considering. I would assume this would take a huge heart, which it appears you have.

Best Wishes!!

o

We were married 16 years before any of this started.
I stayed for another 10, dealing with it.
When I left, I still loved who he used to be. I still do. Maybe that's why I haven't filed.............? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? I KNOW I will never go back. I couldn't live like that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here