Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where do you live?

Posted by gabrielesgarden (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 10, 08 at 14:24

I live in colorado-denver. Have for virtually my entire life except for 5 short years while in my 30's, I lived in Chandler Arizona. All of it has been city living except for the last 2 misearable years before my marriage ended and after I returned to Colorado from Arizona, I lived in the Colorado mountains, just 25 miles from the city. It was a dumpy dirty little house on the north side of the mountain, but it was beautiful to live in the mountains...the nature, the walks/hikes with my daughter to get away from the hell house. I do miss that part of living in the mountins, but being single, I need to live in the city, I guess.

Where do you live?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where do you live?

Oh, I'm so jealous! My long distance BF lives in Denver. I think the city is beautiful and we've taken several day trips to the mountains too.

I'm currently just north of Tampa, Florida. Been here for about 9 years now. Spent the previous 9 in the northern Atlanta suburbs and prior to that - 27 years all over upstate NY.

I'm getting itchy for a move. Perhaps Denver?

Barbara

o

I live in Lee's Summit, Missouri.

o

Barbara, my mom lives in Oldsmar Florida....I'm gonna go visit her the last week of this month.

o

I live in Bowie, MD, which is close to Annapolis and Baltimore. But, I would love to get the heck off the east coast. I think I have a little leftcoast in my blood - at least most people think so. I lived in short stints in Rochester, NY and Detroit. Gabriele, I have relatives in Chandler/Gilbert. I would miss it too. I absolutely loved the mountains there. I hope to visit them sometime this year - maybe Thanksgiving. I have a chance to uproot to Colorado Springs within the next few months. My company has an office there and they need contracts support there. I commuted between here and Chicago for almost a year, a few years ago, but this would be a total move. Now that the kitchen is almost finished - YEAH, tomorrow is FRIDAY!!, I'm not sure I want to just leave. We'll see...

gng

o

I live in Kansas, migrated here from Oklahoma in 1950 and have lived here ever since. I have always wished I lived in a log cabin in the Ozarks. Instead I will just be grateful for what I have.

o

I live in upstate New York in the Adirondack Mountains. I did live in Mississippi for five years then returned home. You can take the girl out of the mountains but you can't take the mountains out of the girl.
Linda

o

How close to me, Jonesy?

o

I live in Wichita. I believe we used to drive through your town when we went to visit my husband's sister at Warrensburg, Missouri. She lived in Grandview for many years also. My husband and I used to go to gun shows and doll shows in KC, so we are familiar with the south side and parts of downtown.

o

Yes, you would have passed through LS on 50 highway. Anytime you can make it down this way, just email me - I'd love to meet you! Jo

o

If I get to my SIL's again I will do that. My neighbor's and I often discuss going to KC and staying at the crown center hotel for some shopping, but we never seem to get around to it.

o

Linda - I may have asked before, but where in the Adirondacks? I lived all over upstate for over 25 years and taught school in Tupper Lake.

Barbara - now in Florida

o

I live in the high plains of western Kansas.....lived in Colorado Springs for 10 years and loved the mountains...grew up here, thought it was a better place to raise a child and now I'm here more for my mom than myself. I'm only a 4 hr drive away from the Springs so I can still escape whenever I can...If you ever decide to go there Mary, give me a shout and I'll be your personal tour guide.

o

Mary, don't follow Michael - he will lead you astray with actions you will NEVER forget! LOL

o

Nah, I'd never do that Jo. I'm a gentleman to a fault.

o

Oh, NO (Michael and everyone) - another slip of my memory - gosh, I can't remember CRAP anymore! TeeHeeeeeeee!!!!

o

I hear ya Jo - Michael has already shown us his cards with that other post. I KNOW very well not to follow him around! Glad I read this though - I need to let them know tomorrow if I want to go out there, but I've been too busy here to even consider it. Now I guess I'll put on my thinking cap - ooops, it's too small. Oh well; guess I'm staying here with my new kitchen and W/D.

Good laughs you two (K-J and Michael).

o

I live the nation's fruit and nut bowl, the California Central Valley. Modesto, CA.

o

Oh but Mary, it would just be a three hour tour........a three hour tour.

o

Three hours - is that all!! Somehow I get the feeling that those would be three very long hours!! I tell you what - when/if I get there, I'll call ya; but not during tornado season - LOL...

By the way - those pics were breathtaking!!

o

I promise not to bring Gilligan along this time....he is the one that screwed up my last 3 hr tour.

o

Michael, excuse me??? You HAVE to bring Gilligan along! She just HAS TO meet the 'big guy', the 'boss' - ok, I'll stop now!

o

OK, what is Gilligan???? I'm assuming he's harmless...???

o

Oh good grief...didn't any of you people grow up watching Gilligans Island as a kid....there was nothing obscene about it.....I was just saying it would be a 3 hour tour ,like the song. On another board once, the moderator had fun and changed all our names to Gilligan characters and we had a blast for a couple evenings....I was the Skipper. Had fun slapping my "little buddy" with my cap. Always was partial to Maryanne though.

o

LOL! Mike, I remember! I thought Gilligan's island was a permanent part of American pop culture. But there are people who don't know Paul McCartney was once with a band called "The Beatles."

o

I know about The Beatles because my Grandma saved the record for me!

o

Yep, just like my great grandfather saved that Woodstock album for me.

o

Michael, what are you doing home from work so early?

o

woke up with a fever and a nasty cough this morning....not much going on at work so I wasn't missed much....feeling better this afternoon, but I am about ready for a nap now, as I missed some sleep during the night.

o

I awakened with a sore throat yesterday, but I STILL went to work! I'm sure glad I did - the big boss dropped in - I get to see him once or twice a year, whether I need to or not! LOL

o

Wish I had been sick yesterday....blizzard conditions and 20 below wind chills....a little nicer today. I'll make it to work tomorrow, I'm sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here