Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's everyone doing today??

Posted by jennmonkey (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 9, 05 at 14:15

Today we have SNOW here in Seattle!!! It never happens so it's quite exciting. I have a pot-luck brunch to go to and then maybe a bit of neighborhood sledding! What is everyone else doing today? Anything fun?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's everyone doing today??

I'm recuperating from the go-cart building Saturday with my cub scout den! And paying bills and reconcilling checking accounts! Woo hoo!

Sunny and warm in Tampa..

Next?

o

Played with my cats. Breakfast with my parents and a sister. Shopping for cat litter and paint brushs. Washed my truck and cleaned the trash out of it. Played with the cats some more. Some house cleaning... got some of those cool little Mr. Clean magic erasers to attack the stove with. Internet surfing and playing with the kitties. Still left is a hot shower and my weekly Sunday night at the bar.

Dinner was leftover Stromboli and chocolate pudding. Sometime tonight I hope to put a coat of varnish on a bookshelf that I sanded and stained last weekend.

: )

o

Babysitting my two adorable grandsons - ages one and three! They are very active, so Gramma had her hands full. After they went home, I went to have pizza and apple crisp at a friend's home. After surfing GW for a few minutes, I will get into a devine hot bath, go to bed, read for a few minutes, sleep, and get up at 5:30 for work. I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL week!

o

Sunday was my birthday!!! Unfortunately, the better half was spent cleaning the house. I'm taking another (evening) class this semester and didn't want to have the monkey of a dirty house on my shoulders. Course, it will have to have a few more cleanings during the semester I know, but wanted to start out right. I was excited to share a sushi dinner with my bf, but found out the place of choice is (again) closed on Sundays. So, I ended up at Outback. Always ready for a good steak & a couple Fosters! After getting all my stuff ready for Monday work, I fell asleep on the couch with my dogs each laying a-top of me. Ahhhhh - gotta love their warmth. But wandering back to the bedroom, half-asleep like that is horrible.
Speaking of warmth - I'm growing tired of the warmth here in FL... I KNOW not to buy new sweaters, but I always have to get a couple (while throwing a couple out). The rate we're going, I won't get the tags off this season! Oh, I hope that's not true.....
Hope you all have a good start to the week.

o

I agree joulesR4me... enough of this 80 degree stuff. I need a little winter. I actually saw a woman in a pink suit with white shoes last Friday!!

Barbara who doesn't like coats but a nice sweater would be great!

o

I'd be willing to share some cold weather....a cold day on the high plains....work was slow so I came home to pay a few bills and stay warm rather than "piddling" at work...that makes the day way too long....The good news is that my daughter might have finally got her crap together and is enrolled at Kansas State University for photo journalism...how it all works out will depend on how many absolute threads you all might see on Friday nights now that my Broncos are done in the playoffs :)

o

Sooooooo, Michael, can we assume that your little 'brain surgeon' got her GED? Congratulations to BOTH of you if she did!!!

o

As I said..."she might finally have her crap together"...I'm going on second hand info right now as her and her mom don't dare come near me...who knows, maybe tough love will work in this case.

o

Well, keep us posted. Tough love, in THIS case, is going to be proven the right thing, I feel sure. God be with you, my friend - raising a child is the toughest and most important thing you will ever do, and with all the 'help' you receive, it will be doubly tough.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here