SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gabrielesgarden

Home Improvements

gabrielesgarden
16 years ago

Ok, so I remember back when I was married, I wasn't allowed to paint in a color...just incase we sold the house, it would sell better with white walls. Then we moved into a house where we had to so some major renovating. This is enough to break a marriage by itself. My ex was a slob anyway, but when it came to construction to our home, we lived in a mess for a long time. It was hard to function, especially with kids.

Now I am single and own a home and am so grateful that i can do what i want to it without having to ask for someones permission. I have green walls and red walls, and slate front porch and funky cool tiled bedroom stairs. I'm tiling the sunroom from scrap free tiles in a fun and funky way.

It's so nice not to have to argue with someone.....HOWEVER, I had my boyfriend help me cut the concrete backer board so I can start tiling my floor, and he was grumpy that day to begin with, and OMG!!! did I ever have flashbacks from my marriage. If I didnt NEED his help right then, I would have sent his A$$ home......aint it great when you can send them home?!?!:-)

Comments (35)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!