SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joulesr4me

excess gifts

joulesR4me
19 years ago

Seems every year I get an unnecessary amount of Christmas gifts. I'll clarify by saying that they don't come from a variety of people, but mostly my *ma & pa*. They come from the school of quantity is better than quality. As I unpacked my giftware from my visit with them, I wondered what to do with these items. New pair of fluffy pajamas, too big shirt, juvenile shoes, beautiful talbe linens (in colors that I've never used), MORE books, MORE candles, more hand lotions, etc. Got a Hair Removal System from my mom - geesh, a 5 minute shave in the shower is all I need. I sat most of it to the side, considering taking it to the SPCA thrift shop. But it makes me sick. A few years ago, when asked what I wanted, I said a good knife or two. Thinking this would eat up about $75 and that would be the end. Instead I got a huge block of *inexpensive* knives and the usual boat-load of other items. I'm not really complaining in that I cherish that they take the time & effort in showering me in gifts, but I hate to toss most of them. Hope you don't get the wrong idea .... it just makes me mostly sad.

Comments (6)

Sponsored