SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joulesr4me

Do you have *room* for a partner?

joulesR4me
19 years ago

Wondering where I was going to store my Christmas giftware made me realize that I have managed to fill an entire 3bdrm (abeit small) home. I don't have the Physical room in my home for another person (and their stuff). It makes me really anxious to have so much stuff, but I never seem to toss enough to make a difference.

Taking this one notch up, I wonder if I have emotional or mental room for a partner ... There are periods of time where my boyfriend spends most of his time at my home. Since he works late, it isn't a huge amount of time, but he still seems to need more attention than I want to give. He wants to chat and cuddle all evening and my *chores* never get done, routines are dropped, and personal interests are neglected. Last night I spent alone and loved it! I came home from school, got some dinner and watched my choice of TV, took a bath, read a book, put out the trash, straightened the house, and got stuff ready for today. Just like *old times*. I haven't done this in months and it really felt good.

I wonder, is this another sign that our relationship isn't what it should be ... that is, if he is *the one* would I not even mind loosing the routine (or whatever)? Do any of you have similiar concerns?

Comments (15)

Sponsored