SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gneegirl

Happy New Year - Will it be a new you???

gneegirl
15 years ago

Hi all - Happy New Year!

As we enter this new year, there is so much made of resolutions to change - to become a new you. I've been avoiding those thoughts lately because I think change is a gradual thing. Goals and guidelines are important, but I think that beating yourself up about a fall of the wagon, so to speak, will create more stress, and eventually an unsuccessful result. I will make some changes - better health and nutrition habits and also a stronger focus on planning for the years ahead. No, they aren't resolutions, but thoughts and ideas, with small goals to get to where I intend to be down the road. I've found that rigid applications have not worked for me. I'm better when I think of things as a process towards meeting a goal. I've been most successful when I reflect on the situation and think through the end result. If the result is positive, it tends to become a habit. I do promise though, that I will change the way I manage my plan. When I've been most unsuccessful, it's been because I haven't managed things very well. I rely a lot on my gut feelings - this has proven to be a plus for me. But, that also leads to a constantly changing focus - sort of like going to the kitchen to get my glasses and forgetting why I went there in the first place, and more than likely ending up doing something else. If I focus on what's in my gut, maybe writing things down, or weeding out all of the other clutter in my brain, I think I will develop the habits and reach my intended goals in a shorter and more effective manner. I think it will work because when I was home over the past few months, looking for a job, I had a lot of time to reflect on why I was in the situation, and what things I needed to consider as I interviewed and took on a new job. I was very honest and although I realized that the loss of my job was not just from my not being a good employee or not doing a good job, but I did notice that my fear of being without a job forced me to be more methodical about my thoughts and actions. Hopefully I can transfer these thoughts to the rest of my life. I wouldn't call this a new me, but me with a twist - hopefully it will be a better me.

I do have one goal though - learning to live with this whole "single" thing. I don't really like the single life because I'm not good at it. I want to feel comfortable with going to the movies with sister rather that a guy. I don't mind going with her, or a girlfriend, but I've never been able to get over the fact that going to the movies is a date type activity, and I should be going with a guy. Oh well, it is what it is, so I want to be happy about doing things without a special someone in my life. I guess as I've grown older, it doesn't bother me as much, but I still feel pretty lonely sometimes. I enjoy the freedoms of being single, but I do miss the times when I had someone's arm to hold, or they mine. I guess that's my first goal, huh.

What are your plans?

I hope and pray that each of you finds your pot of gold this year - whatever it may be!!

gneegirl

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz