SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisyduckworth

Cause for hope - and more

Daisyduckworth
20 years ago

Jessiecarole inspired me to start this thread. I really don't want her to feel she's a forum-killer!

Like many others, I haven't had much to tell on this forum, but maybe I'll have something interesting before too long. It's in the lap of the gods, of course, but there's hope for me yet. A friend of mine and her SO are working hard to arrange a meeting between me and a Potential Significant Other (PSO) in the near future.

He reportedly is interested, I'm interested, so it's a start. Trouble is, that some of the information relayed by our mediators hasn't been all that accurate. The PSO was told, for instance, that I'm 15 years younger than I really am (very nice from my point of view, but definitely misleading from his!), so maybe his interest will cool, since I've ordered that the record be set straight before we go even a step further!

On a slightly more serious front, I'm told he's a regular church-goer, whereas I'm a born-again heathen. I'm sure this won't be a problem for me, as long as he's not one of those close-minded, obsessed, fanatical, sermonising, try-to-convert types. But is a difference in religious beliefs any more deleterious to a relationship than, say, a difference in hobbies, taste in TV programs and so forth? I mean, even though my values are not based on any religion, I'm sure they are just as good as I hope his are. By way of illustration, I've known a lot of deeply religious people who are really decent people, but I've also known a lot who cheat on their partners, are the devil incarnate as bosses, who've 'tossed out their pregnant daughters into the snow' and so on. Whereas although I have no religious beliefs as such, I do try to Do The Right Thing by others. What do you think? Is this difference likely to be or become an issue?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor