Return to the Single Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Going back to work...don't want to

Posted by junkyardgirl (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 08 at 1:11

I have to work. I can't live unless I do. I have to go back and I just don't want to. I'm getting more depressed every day thinking of going back there next week.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Going back to work...don't want to

JYG, I understand your need to hang on to your job. I don't know where you live, but I heard on the news last night that the unemployment rate in this state is at 16%, the highest in almost 20 years.

I have read some of your posts on other threads, so am somewhat aware of some of the problems you have been having. Hang in as long as you can since it's a matter of putting food on your table, just keep looking elsewhere. Something may turn up when and where you least expect it.

Try to think of the ones who are making your life miserable as being the ones with the problem. When you have to look at them, let your eyes see them as standing there naked and maybe that will help lighten your load and bring a smile to your face. Wouldn't that make them wonder?....

If at all possible, try to see a doctor about your depression. If you have no medical insurance, most areas have low cost clinics, or even free, depending on your income. Be honest with them (nurses, doctors) about your work problems and the stress it is causing you. That in itself could be a form of networking - one of them might know of someone who is looking for a good employee.

I wish the best for you. ((((HUGS))))

o

Don't forget to DOCUMENT EVERY thing that is said or done - it might be useful to you on down the road.

o

How was the first day back, JYG?...I'm hoping it wasn't too stessful.

o

JYG, what happened at work today - come on back and fill us in. We are thinking good thoughts for you each day.

o

Oh jyg, I hope it wasn't too horrible. Just pray for a positive way out, and it can happen. Know that we are all hoping for the best for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Single Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here