Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sewing Machine Suggestions?

Posted by Sandwicher (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 11, 11 at 23:19

Hello!
I am hoping to get my wife a nice sewing machine for Xmas. I got her a Singer 2250 a couple of years ago when she was a beginner and I'd like to get her something a little nicer now. The Tradition is very basic and easy for her to learn on but I think it's time for an upgrade. The Tradition is extremely noisy. She has to close the door to our room when she sews because of the noise. Other than that I'm not really sure what it's other drawbacks are because I don't want her to know I'm looking for a new machine. But given it only cost me $70 brand new I'm sure it has drawbacks. I'd like to spend around $250 or so this time. And I'd like to get a Singer so the foot she just bought will fit the new machine. Any suggestions? She likes to sew baby bibs, blankets, and burp clothes. Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sewing Machine Suggestions?

I would ask the salesperson to use the machine so you can hear it work. Most machines are now made by the same company except Bernina so the feet should be appliciable to most machines. I have a few Singers and they are great machines. You are a very sweet husband to keep her sewing moving on. Enjoy your search and her happiness on Christmas day. You could ask if they would give you a "gift card" and let her pick out the new one BUT you did a great job the first time. Merry Christmas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here