Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jomuir

Grommet spacing help needed

jomuir
11 years ago

I picked up some faux suede for drapery panels in the LR & want to do grommets. The grommets I want to use are 1-1/8" ID, not sure of OD.

I'm doing a pair of 3 widths ea, after side hems & projection onto the wall, I have a face of 153" (roughly) per panel. Window is 115" wide molding to molding.

I plan to line them & have a layer of 4" buckram to support the grommets, but wasn't planning to use a grommet tape. Found a video on youtube where they recommend treating it as pleats as far as spacing goes, but I'm still lost. If I began with spaces of approx. 3" as I would for pinch pleats, I'm going to need quite a lot of grommets. I wonder if anyone has done much grommet spacing & can give me any advice?

Also, if I set the inside edge grommets in a few inches, will that help so I have a little overlap? I know I won't get a true overlap as from pinch pleats, but was hoping for a little more than them meeting in the center.

I'm going to go down to my sewing room & see if I can mock this up, I'm hoping to order the grommets tomorrow & have no idea how many I need.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio