Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Touch & Sew 758 zig zag problem

Posted by Becca731 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 15:24

i sewed several zigzag seams with the machine working properly. then, on the next one, it sewed only a straight line. fiddling with the settings hasn't helped. has anyone a suggestion? (my old stand by repair shop has gone out of business, so i hope there's something i can do myself.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Touch & Sew 758 zig zag problem

Becca, I'm hoping you've solved this by now! But just in case, usually when a machine starts acting up out of the blue it has fuzz or thread in it, or maybe a burr on the needle. Try cleaning out the bobbin area, changing the needle and rethreading. Hopefully one of those will solve the problem!

Donna

o

Does it skip stitches on all zz widths, or only the widest ones? Generally, such behavior is indicative of a hook timing error.

o

thanks to those who offered suggestions. i followed up on them, but no joy. turns out that one of the plastic gears, very internal near the top of the machine, has lost some of its teeth. repairman didn't want to fix it because of time and cost, i think.
so. what is a good, inexpensive, second hand replacement?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here