Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bob_k

Purchasing New Machine

bob_k
16 years ago

I had my lovely wife out yesterday looking at new sewing machines. The dealer carries Bernina,Elna,Janome and Baby Lock. They ask what my wife what her needs were and what it was going to be used for. They showed a couple of Janome machines and then went to the Baby Locks. For some reason they like the Baby Locks. They spent a lot of time demonstrating the Decorator's Choice. And my wife really likes it. The price would be $962 with taxes. I could get it for $100 cheaper at another dealer. But the service and support is not as good as the first dealer. The first dealer has been in business for over 70 years. Has 2 full time Techs at the store at all times. So if you need anything you don't have to wait for the Tech who comes in once a week.

We are still shopping and looking around. We were going out today but a snow storm kind of changed our plans. Going to check out the Brother dealer. From what I can see the Baby Lock Decorator's Choice and the Brother's Nx-450 are the same machine. Am I right is saying that?

Anyway I would appreciate any comments pro or con. This will be her last machine. The reason I say that is we are heading for the back side of 60. Oh! she has a White model 8600 that she has been using for the last 25 years. It has never been back to the dealer and still runs like a top. My self I don't know why she needs a new machine. But that is what she wants. So who am I to say no.

TIA

Bob

Comments (2)