Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blueberrier1

Sewing Machines cubicle: ideas/experience?

blueberrier1
13 years ago

'My Space' in the walk-out lower level is 16'x40+' with two south facing windows. My usable space is 11' deep to allow for a five foot aisle to other rooms. It has to accomodate a sofa bed (my reading and hand stitching area), tables, chairs, storage trunks, two 4' long commercial machines, several other std cabineted machines, treadle machine, two typing tables with sergers, four file cabinets, book shelves, air compressor amd two upholstery horses. Fabric is stored in adjacent-no windows-storage room. Someday dropped ceiling will result in 8' ht.

Do not want any solid partitions to the ceiling, so was thinking of an 8-9'w x 8-9'l x 5-6'h office cubicle (U shaped) type separation, to confine the machines. Prices for used office cubicles are out of budget, and was thinking that upholstered plywood panels may work. The cubicle's open end would be to one of the 5' wide windows. The plywood surface could be used for quilt trials.

Have 1" gridded paper with all the 'hope to fit' items in colored paper, but recalled the many ideas I've enjoyed and used from this forum. In many ways, the smaller spaces I sewn in for decades were much easier to arrange!

Has anyone done, seen, or imagined anything similar to this challenge? Thanks!

Comments (3)