Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizziebethtx

Need help to identify fabric name & source

lizziebethtx
9 years ago

Hello:

Can anyone help me identify this fabric? I'd like the name and source for purchase. I've googled for an hour or more and I'm stumped.

Thank you.

Comments (9)

• evaf555
    9 years ago

The type of fabric would likely be listed as boucle'. It is stunning, but just because you have a picture or sample of it doesn't mean it's still in production. :-(

• lizziebethtx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Eva, for that tip. I will continue searching using it. It do know it is still in production. The person who has it won't share the source. Hopefully, where there's a will there's a way.

If you have any search tips I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, again.

• bbstx
    9 years ago

If you are wanting yardage instead of a pillow cover, have you considered contacting the etsy seller to see if he/she will sell you the yardage you need.

I usually search Google Images for things like this. I tried "multicolor boucle fabric," "neon boucle fabric," and "morrocan boucle fabric." Found some gorgeous boucles, but not what you are looking for.

• lizziebethtx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, bbstx I asked her. She doesn't have enough to sell to me. Therefore, my search. Thanks for trying. I did find it. It's called Backed Anima Carnival and is sold by House Fabric dot com.

Thanks.

• bbstx
    9 years ago

good looking fabric! What are you going to do with it?

• lizziebethtx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm not sure! I can't make up my mind. Possibly pillows and recovering my dining room chair seats. I'll post photos when I'm finished...will be in late January probably. Thanks for all your help.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

It's very pretty, but I wouldn't use it for chair seats...that weave is fairly loose and unlikely to stand up to having pants and such slide over the fabric and the loose weave can easily be caught.

• gingertopjoan
    9 years ago

what is the name, # and place where you found this? I just looked at fabric.com and didn't come up. # would help.
    I agree w/ all the other posts......not on the chair seats unless you never use them!:-)
    I design and make garments from Boucle and it is very, very hard to find!!! esp. in the wool, mohair and angora that I like! I would appreciate the info. thanks! Joan

• lizziebethtx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello Joan:

I'm happy to share. You can find it at the link below. I was told they have about 200 yards. Once I rec'd the swatch (it was nice and big) I realized that it could definitely not be used on chair seats.

I'm sure you know this since you work with Boucle, but the salesman told me because it's hand-made about every 20-24 inches looks different. The same colors are used but the placement changes, as does the concentration of each color. For example, in the first 24 inches there may be more green and in the 2nd 24 inches there may be less green and on and on.

I was disappointed with the fabric when I rec'd it with regard to color. In the photo above there is a lot of orange, hot pink, turquoise and yellow...happy colors...which is what I love. when I rec'd my swatch the color RED jumped out at me. It was mostly red with very little of the other colors mixed in. And there was no turquoise or orange at all mixed in. Maybe 24 inches down the bolt would have been more to my liking with a concentration of the happier colors, but even if I could have successfully used the fabric for my seat cushions I would have rejected it over the (almost) solid red piece I received. I believe there is a great chance the colors in the seat cushions might have been drastically different and it would have bugged me.

Good luck!

Beth

Here is a link that might be useful: Boucle Fabric

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz