Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindasewandsew

GK's Christmas Stockings

lindasewandsew
15 years ago

Here are GK's Christmas stockings and a nice photo of them in their Halloween costumes.

The Cars stockings are each made from a thrift store t-shirt. The kid's names came from an old pair of pants made with fabric with a license plate print. The Tow-Mater picture is from a Cars sheet, and the flags and TOW are clothing/dress labels.

The Snow White stocking is made from leftover fabric from GD's costume. The petticoat is made from one of those cute white cotton blouses that are made in India, and very common at thrift stores. I replaced the 2 plastic buttons with 4 shell ones. I cheated and had her name done at a sport's embroidery shop. It came out much nicer than I could have done.

Grumpy's beard was made from a stuffed toy cat from a thrift store. The available fur fabrics were itchy or shed a lot. Some stuffed toys are much softer, nicer fabrics. This beard has been washed twice and still looks nice. I cut the piece from the hind end of the cat's back, which already had a nice contour for the beard.

Okay, okay, everything I make looks a lot like everything else I make, lol. If you like the hanger that the stockings are hanging from, you can have one all your own by finding a foos-ball table on the curb (you may already be a winner, lol), taking it apart and stringing the players on one rod. The two I've done had a few extra guys, so I made them into tree ornaments. Linda

{{gwi:128397}}

{{gwi:128398}}

{{gwi:128399}}

{{gwi:128400}}

{{gwi:128401}}

{{gwi:128402}}

Comments (2)