Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
budster_gw

I had the nicest day........

budster
15 years ago

Spent most of the afternoon over at another sewer's home helping to finish some quilts we have sewn to raise money for charity. Just nice to accomplish some much needed finishing of items and sharing company with like minded ladies. We all brought our machines and just kept trading items between us to finish different stages....some were using sergers, others just setting blocks. Sometimes it's nice to just enjoy the hum of the machines and the conversations, ideas exchange and making plans for our next session after Christmas. Got home to learn that our co-ordinator called to say we had already raised a few hundred dollars from the silent auction on some items...I'm tired but feel good inside. Thanks for listening.

Comments (3)

• annie1971
    15 years ago

I can sense the warm and happy day you had! The purr of those machines, the good conversation and the accomplishment at the end of the day! I'm glad you had a great day -- it's one I would have enjoyed, as well.
    Annie

• joansews4u
    15 years ago

I have been alone except for the company of my daughter (& SIL too until ballgame time) today. They were working on things for an upcoming craft show. We are going to have that boy turning a profit sewing soon. He knows when things are not going right & stops the machine for help. He prefers my machine over Susan's because it's quieter but prefers her's over where mine is. Can't see the TV from mine!!!!

I have been making bibs for the Cerebal Palsy Center. Some of the older clients call me the "bib lady". My niece is day care director & I can't drop anything off to her w//o the staff & older clients thinking I have brought new bibs. Got 2 1/2 dozen ready.

I have also been working on items for a new breast cancer support group. My surgeon is one of the backers of this group. I have been making him holders for the drain bags that are worn close to 2 weeks after breast surgery. The biggest compliments come about the ones I made to shower in. I have a former co-worker who had a double mastectomy last fall. Her mother was 87 then & she had 4 bags...2 per side. I sent them to her by a co-worker of her's who goes to church with me. When the lady called to say thank you, she choked up trying to tell me how they made such a simple solution to what would have been a hassle had her 87 year old mother had to have gotten in the shower with her & held those 4 containers while she bathed. She was saying she could bathe anytime without having to wait for her mother. She said she really didn't know what would have happened had her mother tried to asssit her. Could have been a nightmare.

It is a good feeling to know you can take a bit of fabric & a little time & really change somebody's life by what you make.

• loganhogan
    15 years ago

Cheryl,
    Sounds like you had a really good day, and did something for a great cause.

Mother didn't add that almost 40 year olds still need their Momma's help, LOL. I had a major oops with an embroidery design and as usual Momma was able to make it all better.

I'll have to post some pictures of the DIVA baby, I asked her yesterday if she "Liked" the petti skirt and Christmas skirt I made her and she said "I wuv it". She's figured out if she tells me she "wuvs" me or the clothes she gets more, LOL.
    Susan