Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnsalvo

need a specific faux suede?

johnsalvo
14 years ago

Hi, I need a very specific faux suede for a project and was wondering if someone could help. There isn't a fabric store within 60 miles of me (I live rurally) so I have to buy online and it is difficult to get the feel of some fabrics. The faux suede I need has to have these characteristics (specific, I know!)

1.Actually look like suede, no pile no coarseness or weave. I have some of the Alova suede cloth and the texture is just not at all what I am looking for something more of a soft microfiber suede. How about butter suede?

2. It can not ravel, in any direction.

3.Has to a nice backing not an upholstery white woven back like most seem to. Needs to match the color of the fabric (black is what I am looking for) and be a nice consistency. The Alova is good for this but not the first unfortunately.

4.Last it needs a soft hand and to drape pretty nicely not stiff.

I know very specific but if anyone knows of a fabric like this, maybe you have used it or seen it, that would be just great. I have purchased a few samples from the online stores but they weren't what I was looking for. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living