Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My machine broke!

Posted by sherrmann (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 12, 10 at 21:40

Oh, woe is me. My old Singer Touchtronic 2001 from 1975 broke today. I also have my mom's machine, the exact same make and model, and it broke down recently, too....mine seems to be a bobbin problem; mom's sews perfectly, but only in reverse! I took them both in for repairs this afternoon, am anxiously awaiting estimates.

I admit I give my machines quite a workout but I also take good care of them. I am in the middle of huge projects - winter coats - and have to make a bridesmaid's dress for a dtr by February, and of course all the usual Christmas sewing. Alas, tonight I'm too bummed to do anything at all, so I'm just sitting here, sulking. I sure wish I was sewing....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My machine broke!

Sorry to hear this...and BOTH machines around the same time : (

Hopefully, they will be minor and inexpensive fixes and you'll get them back soon!
At least you only have to make one trip to the repair shop.

Let us know how it turns out.

-Laurie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here