Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need some opinions on DRESS Forms

Posted by redpenny (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 07 at 19:16

I want to get my son a Dress Form for school......I have been looking at all different brands..........I asked my son when he makes things at school does he have to make them a certain size like a size 6 or size 10 he said NO.
What size he makes is up to him......So I start looking at different dress forms....I really like this dress form
Uniquely You Dress Form, Zippered Cotton Cover over Pinable Foam Rubber Foundation with Stand -

I spoke to one of the creators of this dress form and he stated the cover which goes over the form body is like a girdle that it fits snug to the Foam Rubber Foundation
I really like this one Link below

http://www.sewingmachineoutlet.com/uydressform.htm

Then I also like this one link below
http://www.sewingmachineoutlet.com/df603.htm
I talked with someone from the store and they said this was a very good dress form.

I am not to sure about the Singer or dritz dress forum...
so any help is appreciated.
Red

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need some opinions on DRESS Forms

I don't know anything about dress forms but JoAnns has the Dritz on Thanksgiving sale for 89 dollars...

o

I have the singer dress form and it is totally useless. It is the most unnatural shape. The nobs used to change measurements are very hard to turn and unless you have very a "perky" bustline you are out of luck for fitting. I use it more for hanger projects on than fitting. Would not waste my money on it even with a coupon.

I looked at the first one you listed and I think that would be your best bet. Being able to pin into it would be great.

Just my opinion
Bonnie

o

Bonnie,
I agree with you I am not to crazy about the nobs on some of the dressforms I have seen plus they don't really seem to have enough cushion to pin a pattern. I really like the
Uniquely You Dress Form, plus I like the idea of the Zippered Cotton Cover and the idea of Realistic bust with adjustable "bust string" to obtain natural cleavage plus it is Ultra durable - you can hem on it, steam press on it, pin it, drape on it, baste on it, design and tailor on it with some of the other dressforms I would be afraid to steam press on them. Plus I like the idea several women can use the same form with the use of individual covers...
Thanks for your repley.
Red

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here