Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a sewing machine ?

Posted by nanaofmany08 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 18:44

i have a dressmaker sewing machine it needs a foot pedal how do i get one thank you so much

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a sewing machine ?

Well, my first search would be at ebay! I have also ordered parts from http://www.sewingpartsdirect.com/ with good results. Seems they have parts for many machines. You might also post a 'want ad' in a local trade/swap. Be sure to state the model of your Dressmaker.

o

where i do find the model number and thank you so much

o

http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diagrams�
https://www.google.com/search?q=dressmaker+sewing+machine+models&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Here are a couple of sites that might help you track it down.
Look for a plate on the end, on the back side, lift and look underneath. But the 'google' page might lead you to find out.
Or just type dressmaker s. machine into the google bar.

o

dancingirl thank you so much for the informationi will look there

o

Often sellers on ebay will offer "parts" from broken machines and you may find a foot pedal for your model. Another idea would be to check if there is a sewing machine repair person in your area and they could order a foot pedal for you. Find a cost first though, sometimes the repair places are small shops and will charge more than you would want to pay. tish

o

thanks i will try all these ideas

o

nanaofmany08..there has to be identifying information somewhere on your machine to help you locate the model number. However, a lot of foot pedals are generic and will fit several models. The connector pins mustbe exactly compatible to the connection on your machine...this might get you started on your search.

o

if you haven't found a foot pedal here are some sites to
try also

sewvacdoctor.com

a1sewingmachines.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here