Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
baby bunting pattern--star

Posted by tennis_t (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 1, 06 at 18:30

Where can I find a pattern for a fleece baby bunting? Has anyone seen them? I can find them already made online for $30.00! I know I could make one for under $10.00. Thanks!

can be seen at: northstarbabybunting.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: baby bunting pattern--star

I can't get your link to come up, but I've made a baby's fleece "sleep sack" for my Minnesota grandson. It's McCall's pattern #4236, size large takes 1 yard of 60" wide fleece. I put ribbing from SewBaby.com around the neck and arm openings, even tho the pattern doesn't call for that. My DIL said the sleep sacks are expensive in the stores and on-line, so she asked me to make some. The one I made had to cost right around $10 (takes a 24" or 22" zipper). I have material to make another one, but right now I'm working on a purse order.

There's also a **free** pattern on the following link. I personally find it's easier to have an actual pattern, but if you're brave (and have access to a baby's sleeper to use as a reference), you will probably have good luck following the directions on the website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Baby's sleep sack

o

The pattern I am looking for is shaped just like a star. Works easily with a car seat strap, etc. If is used instead of trying to bundle baby up in a wnter jackey.
Try this site again to wiew:

www.northstarbabybunting.com

Thanks, teresa

o

Oh my! I totally remember seeing that sewing pattern in the books last year - or the year before. & I think it had more than 1 fancy-shaped bunting in it(?)

I found something that looks like what you describe in Butterick's out-of-print patterns:

Bunting Pattern

McCall.com is a portal for McCalls, Butterick, Vogue & Wallies.

& Simplicity.com has lots of patterns as well

HTH

Here is a link that might be useful: is this it?

o

Now, I gotcha! Sewbaby.com has some patterns for wraps called Cuddle Wrap, Snappy Wrap and Angel Wrap. The latter looks like what you're after because it appears to cover the baby's legs. It's from Great Copy Pattern Co.

Good luck!
Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Angel Wrap

o

I think I've found what you're looking for. Go to the Sewbaby online catalog. It's called a cuddle wrap #GC-1010. Good luck, I'm making one for my new granddaughter, but I haven't gotten the pattern yet.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Kristi

o

I'm sure the people above no longer need this but for others like me, Simplicity 9965 comes with the Star a Christmas Tree, a Chili Pepper and a regular Baby Bunting Pattern. I'm not sure if this pattern is still in print or not but here is a link that I found......
http://betsyvintage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4302
Hope this helps.
Ali

Here is a link that might be useful: Pattern Example

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here