Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Husqvarna Sapphire 830: Does anyone own this machine?

Posted by phyllis_philodendron (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 19, 08 at 18:12

I decided to stop by Joann Fabrics and check out the Viking sewing machines tonight. I do a little quilting, but no embroidery and don't want something that can do *everything* except cut out the pattern...the saleslady showed me one of these and I liked it, but don't want to necessarily buy the first machine I see. I want something a little higher end (it runs for $999 on sale - ouch!) but I sew quite a bit and need something that will last a long time.

Just wondered if anyone else had this machine or knew of its reputation. Of course, compared to what I'm used to, it can do a lot more - but is more expensive and so are the accessories. And I wondered how much maintenance was required with a computerized model?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Husqvarna Sapphire 830: Does anyone own this machine?

I have one of the "Scandinavia" models - their least expensive of the computerized machines 4 years ago ....think I paid about $700.00 for it. Maintenance - I clean out the dustbunnies myself - it needs to go in to a viking dealer once a year for maintenance (here is it about $100) and that is it....sorry to say I have yet to take mine in! You might want to buy a couple of the 'feet' depending on how you quilt - if free motion or you use a template you might want the quilting foot. Why not check the Viking site to find the model that best suits your needs and then get the price from a viking dealer for that model.

Carolyn

o

Here are some reviews for this machine. Scroll down to #260 - #266 for the Sapphire 830.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pattern Review.com machine reviews

o

I have a brand new Sapphire 830 with a walking foot. I have used it only to see that everything works as it should, and it does.
I also have a new Elna eXcelence, a more expensive machine that does more, which I prefer.
I don't need two new machines and would sell the Viking for $700.

o

Carolyn, I'm surprised you have to take your Viking Scandinavian in for service once a year. I've had a Viking Platinum since 2005 and haven't taken it for service yet. Once I was having a problem with my stitch width, but Viking sales lady helped me with it. I asked her if I should send it for service, but she said that if it's working fine--don't spend the money.
I am good about keeping it clean though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here