Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brother SE270D vs Janome DC2007

Posted by numberonenole (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 6, 07 at 17:34

Which of these two machines is best for a beginner? I'm really clueless and not that coordinated so I need the machine that is the easist to use. I like the idea that the Brother machine threads automatically and winds the bobbins automatically, as well as embroiders Disney designs! The Janome doesn't do those things for you, but I know it is heavy enough to hem jeans and khaki pants. I'm not sure if the 15 pound Brother is heavy enough. The Janome is 18 pounds. Any thoughts would be much appreciated as I try to make this tough decision. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brother SE270D vs Janome DC2007

If you are new to sewing, I'd consider the dealer just as much as the brand. Does the same dealer sell both brands? Does the dealer offer classes? What kind of sewing do you want to do? (Garments, quilting, embroidery, home dec, other?) Do you have specific projects in mind that you want to complete?

While the convenience of automatic threading is attractive, sooner or later you will need to know how to thread. When you have problems, threading is the first thing you check. (Kind of like being able to drive only an automatic).

Are both machines sewing/embroidery machines? I don't own either, so can't offer an opinion, but both have good reputations

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here