Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What can I make with this?

Posted by barb_roselover_in (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 20, 10 at 17:31

I have a piece of fleece approximately 18 inches wide that I would like to make into something to put over my shoulders for warmth at night sitting in bed. I saw somewhere a straight like scarf that had a pocket in each end of the scarf for your hands. I would appreciate any suggestions. I think I would need some way of curving it over your shoulders so that it would not keep sliding off, but maybe not. - Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What can I make with this?

I bought a "shrug" that is a piece of fleece probably the 58" width (actually measures about 70")x 22" inches wide at the center. It is then tapered to the ends to 12" wide. It is sewn together to form sleeves...13" from tapered end toward center. Ribbing is attached as in a long sleeve t-shirt. You just stick your arms into it and the light weight fleece drapes over your back/shoulders. I love it as I read in bed and too often my arms and hands get too cold. Hope this works for you. Nanny

o

Barb, maybe you could make darts in one edge where you'd like it to curve around your shoulders.

Donna

o

Oh hey - look @ this....

Here is a link that might be useful: Sleeved cape

o

I'm sorry that I did not get back sooner to thank you for your help in this. I did make it up first in one for myself (I have to put the cuffs on yet because I have already been using it with this cold weather.) I am also making one for my daughter. It was so nice for you to take the time to help me. Have a wonderful holiday season. God Bless! Barb

o

This is just what I have been searching for. Thank you so much ladies for posting this information.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here