Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gininmn

Using Minky for Cuddle Blanket

gininmn
12 years ago

I've never worked with Minky before but bought some when I saw a good sale. I'm wondering how well it would work for making a cuddle blanket with sleeves. I bought one from Bro okstone for a friend as part of a comfort basket after she lost her husband to cancer and ended up with one for myself because they had a 2-for-1 sale. I absolutely love it for reading in bed when I can't sleep at night. I found a pattern on-line for one and would like to make one for my sister. Purchased one is made of doublesided furry, fleecy fabric (=extremely soft and cuddly). Minky is only one-sided cuddly so to make the cuddle blanket I would need line it with minky. Do you think it would be too warm? I suppose I'd need to tack it together in the body so it doesn't flop apart (or in some way attach lining to front -- or make it reversible--a better idea). I suppose some level of quilting or just tacking the two pieces together would be the way to go. Any opinions/suggests for this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus