Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susie53_gw

Neat Apron Picture

susie53_gw
10 years ago

Here is a picture of the apron. We alway wear them when we have church dinners..

Comments (9)

• Vanislegirl88
    10 years ago

It's really cool but can you explain how this goes on? I'm guessing a tie at the waist, but how does the neck work or is it a full front and back at the top? I love the idea of the towel for the apron part.

• susie53_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is just an oversized baby bib. At the back of the neck is with velcro. Here is a picture and the measurements.. Across the bottom is 14 1/2" across, from the top to the bottom is 22" and from the neck front to the bottom is 8". I used a hand towel for the bottom. Sew two layers of fabric together, snip around and turn. Press and fold about a half an inch up from the bottom and attach the towel to the front. I then stitched the back closed. They go together pretty quickly.

• Vanislegirl88
    10 years ago

Thanks. I get it now....might have to try one. Thanks for sharing.

• donna_loomis
    10 years ago

Yes, thank you. I might actually get DH to wear one, since I will not tell him it is an apron, but a neck towel, LOL.

• ruthieg__tx
    10 years ago

That's a really neat apron idea...I saved the directions and hope I can make a few.

• Liddybuff
    10 years ago

I made an apron for my best friend using the bottom of a long lt. wt. denim dress. It buttoned down the front but I switched the buttons to small red strawberry ones. Think of it like this....you raise the skirt up to breast-high and cut the top like a butcher's apron. I faced the top and top -stitched it. Then the front is stitched closed all the way down. ( I just sewed on top of the existing top-stitching down the front edge.) Just for fun I made pockets in the shape of strawberries with green Leaves as pocket flaps. The pockets were done in red and green dotted swiss. Sew 2 pockets together leaving a small opening, turn right side out, press, then sew the pocket on. Leave room at the to insert your hand. The flaps are done the same way. Then place the flap over the top of the pocket and stitch only the top part. Then make a strap for the neck and sashes to tie in back. It turned out cute and she loved it.

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

That is a great idea Susie. Liddy, you should post yours on the recession coop. They have guest links on the first Friday of the month.

• susie53_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laddy, I'm sure your friend loved the apron.. I made 24 aprons for gifts at Christmas. Each of my sisters-in-laws,nieces and guests each received one. I check out the towel section each time I go into the store. I am trying to think ahead. I purchased a couple 3 piece sets of Wilton cookie sheets that were on sale at Christmas. I will make an apron and pick up a nice cookbook for a shower gift.

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    10 years ago

That is a very neat idea for the apron with the towel. I want to thank Susie 53 for mine that she sent me for my birthday. I love the colors.

Sue

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz