Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leftover wedding gown ideas

Posted by forensicmom (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 4, 12 at 12:42

Last year I used my mother in laws 60 year old wedding gown fabric to make a baptism gown for the first great grandchild. I have a decent amount of fabric leftover and would like to make something special for my 5 sister in laws and possibly the female neices for Christmas. Their mother passed away a few years ago and I want to make something for them to remember her. I was thinking hankerchief's but I'm not sure that women in their 50's would have any use for these. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leftover wedding gown ideas

Can you make small bags to be used as a sachet, maybe fill it with dried herbs or potpourri.

Lavender is supposed to help improve sleep, so maybe a small bed pillow filled with dried lavender.

Or maybe make them each a small throw pillow to use on their bed.

o

Maybe make fabric rosettes that can be applied to an evening bag, or use as a hair ornament.

Mother made me a wreath for xmas using fabric leftover from when she made my wedding gown....below is a link to one, though there are many different ways of making one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fabric wreath

o

Thanks so much for the ideas. Someone on another board suggested making some sort of angels. ALL of my SIL's love angels so much, which is why I'm leaning towards that. I think I really want to make hankies for the unwed neices and monogram them.

I love the wreath idea but I won't have enough fabric to make wreaths for all 5 sister inlaws and the 8 neices.

o

You could "mat" small pieces in pretty fabric and then frame the larger square. Then there's plenty for all 13 relatives. I've done something similar with my father's ties.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here