Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help price these machines!

Posted by momto4boys (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 4, 09 at 11:24

I posted about a year ago that I had a bunch of industrial machines to get rid of. They were my in-laws. They had a sewing business for years. When they decided to retire, they unloaded them on us for some reason. I'm CLUELESS to what we have here.
I can't even thread a needle, so I have no use for any of these.
I've listed them on Craigslist. I don't want to give them away, but I really just want them GONE. Out of our storage unit. Not to mention, I was kind of hoping for a little extra Christmas money.

I know it may be hard to really say what they're worth. Without looking at them in person, and knowing condition (they've been in storage for over 4 yrs. I know there's probably issues with oil, or whatever they have/had in them)
But, would $200 or so a piece be too much?

The books I have in front of me say this is what they are

Brother:
High speed over lock sewing machine

Brother:
High speed safety stitch sewing machine

Juki:
Thread, chain stitch button attaching machine

Brother:
High speed lock stitch machine

Juki:
High speed straight button holing machine

and some pics from when they were up and being used.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help price these machines!

Wow they maybe older machines but bet a few places sewers with small business probably could use them..
The price is more than fair.
What State do you live in? Or Big city are you near?
I have friends in different States that have some small businesses maybe I could refer them to this site.
When my grandparents retired we donated some of the equipment to a local vocational school, you can write off the donation on your taxes..

o

Thanks!
We're in NW Arkansas. Closet big city..probably Tulsa, OK.
I actually had over 20 replies from craigslist. Hopefully, I can figure out a good price.

o

Will check with someone, was hoping you may be closer to St Paul Mn area..

Good Luck, Do not take price lower think the tables are worth a little more. .

o

I'll ask my son when he gets off work the name of the place he rented one for me to do some work for his shop.Then maybe you could email them the pictures and see what they have to say.I think 200.00 is a good buy,yet you may be able to get more for some of them.Also check with dry cleaners,and the yellow pages for industrial sewing machines.

I'm in Calif so it will be awhile b4 i talk to ds.
Kathi

o

you have a gold mine there---ask $600.00--let them talk you down to $450.00 anybody that knows there machines
will know that is a good buy.industral machines used
sells for $600.00-- I live in SC I have 5 machines in my shop. one I have been sewing on 30 years. remember they
don't eat or drink.

o

Could you change your profile so that you could receive email. I know someone that may be interested.

o

Thank you all for your replies!

We've talked with a few who want one, or possibly two. But, are trying to entertain those that may want them all.
We tried looking on line at other resources, and added up the possible worth to maybe around 3k?
Figured we'd take half of that..just to get them sold. Perhaps we should hold out for more?
I don't know. I have a short attention span, lol. And afraid if I don't do this now, it'll be another 4 yrs before I attempt to get them out of here.

thanks again!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here