Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keepeminstitches

Snaps for Western Shirt

keepeminstitches
18 years ago

Does anyone know of a source for pearlized snaps for western shirts? DH wants a matching square dance shirt.

Mary L

Comments (13)

• xstpenguin
    18 years ago

Not sure these are snaps, but failing finding the proper thing - would these do? Look on the 5th row down.

Good luck with your search!
    AJ

Here is a link that might be useful: western @ button market

• keepeminstitches
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, AJ, for the suggestion. I THINK they are buttons, but not sure.

• Marg411
    18 years ago

Years ago, when snaps were popular on all Western shirts, we used to get them from Tandy leather co. Not sure they still have them, or if the stores still exist. I think they do in larger towns.

They had the snaps, and the setters.

• dayenu
    18 years ago

Dritz still makes them and sells them with a tool for applying but my favorites for sportswear and baby clothing is "Snap Source"

here is a link

Here is a link that might be useful: Snap setting supplies

• jaybird
    18 years ago

and they have other colors as well...I use them with my regular snap setter, and they are great!

Here is a link that might be useful: check here

• keepeminstitches
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, Dayenu, those look perfect. How many snaps are in a set, though? I couldn't find that information on their website. Thanks again!

Mary L

• elizabeth_tx
    18 years ago

I found some at JoAnns. They're the 'no sew' kind and all you have to do is squeeze them into the material. I believe they're called Bachelor Buttons or are in the same area as the Bachelor Buttons.

• elizabeth_tx
    18 years ago

Just went to the website and they are called 'snap fasteners' not bachelor buttons.

• keepeminstitches
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, everyone. I bought some at Joann's today and will try them. Also checked out Snap Source's website and ordered a catalog from The Bee Lee Company, but it hasn't come yet.

• alinehuey
    18 years ago

The Bee Lee company is the greatest for snaps. in fact I have dozens of them if you want them I can send them to you. I used to make western shirts for my hubby for years. I'd be glad to see them get used.

• memo3
    17 years ago

I've searched for the Bee Lee Company and can't find an online link. Can anyone direct me or give an address to send for a catalog or something? I need good quality western snaps as well.

Thanks
    MeMo

• keepeminstitches
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi, MeMo,

Sorry I didn't see your post; I haven't been here much lately. The BeeLee Company has a toll free # 1-800-527-5271. They are in Dallas, TX (central time), PO Box 36108, zip 75235-1108. I don't believe they have a website, but they do have a fax # 1-214-351-2131. They will mail you a catalog if you request one. I've been very pleased with them. In addition to snaps and tools to set them, they carry supplies for making jeans, thread including a great color selection of Maxi-lock serger thread, some buttons and trims, zippers and miscellaneous notions. Hope this helps.

Mary

• coop_2624
    17 years ago

Thank you for the information. I'm finding it very hard to put the buttons in button hole and pull overs are impossable. I'm going to give snaps a try.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County