Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snaps for Western Shirt

Posted by keepeminstitches (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 6, 05 at 10:49

Does anyone know of a source for pearlized snaps for western shirts? DH wants a matching square dance shirt.

Mary L

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snaps for Western Shirt

Not sure these are snaps, but failing finding the proper thing - would these do? Look on the 5th row down.

Good luck with your search!
AJ

Here is a link that might be useful: western @ button market

o

Thanks, AJ, for the suggestion. I THINK they are buttons, but not sure.

o

Years ago, when snaps were popular on all Western shirts, we used to get them from Tandy leather co. Not sure they still have them, or if the stores still exist. I think they do in larger towns.

They had the snaps, and the setters.

o

Dritz still makes them and sells them with a tool for applying but my favorites for sportswear and baby clothing is "Snap Source"

here is a link

Here is a link that might be useful: Snap setting supplies

o

and they have other colors as well...I use them with my regular snap setter, and they are great!

Here is a link that might be useful: check here

o

Thanks, Dayenu, those look perfect. How many snaps are in a set, though? I couldn't find that information on their website. Thanks again!

Mary L

o

I found some at JoAnns. They're the 'no sew' kind and all you have to do is squeeze them into the material. I believe they're called Bachelor Buttons or are in the same area as the Bachelor Buttons.

o
Correction

Just went to the website and they are called 'snap fasteners' not bachelor buttons.

o

Thanks, everyone. I bought some at Joann's today and will try them. Also checked out Snap Source's website and ordered a catalog from The Bee Lee Company, but it hasn't come yet.

o

The Bee Lee company is the greatest for snaps. in fact I have dozens of them if you want them I can send them to you. I used to make western shirts for my hubby for years. I'd be glad to see them get used.

o

I've searched for the Bee Lee Company and can't find an online link. Can anyone direct me or give an address to send for a catalog or something? I need good quality western snaps as well.

Thanks
MeMo

o

Hi, MeMo,

Sorry I didn't see your post; I haven't been here much lately. The BeeLee Company has a toll free # 1-800-527-5271. They are in Dallas, TX (central time), PO Box 36108, zip 75235-1108. I don't believe they have a website, but they do have a fax # 1-214-351-2131. They will mail you a catalog if you request one. I've been very pleased with them. In addition to snaps and tools to set them, they carry supplies for making jeans, thread including a great color selection of Maxi-lock serger thread, some buttons and trims, zippers and miscellaneous notions. Hope this helps.

Mary

o

Thank you for the information. I'm finding it very hard to put the buttons in button hole and pull overs are impossable. I'm going to give snaps a try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here