Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to reinforce wool coat/fabric at stress points?

Posted by GypsyWaterfowl (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 23:17

I have a wool coat that has ripped at a stress point. The coat has some mesh "fused" to the fabric at the stress points, but not enough mesh. The coat ripped right next to the existing mesh. It seem that a larger section of mesh at the stress point could prevent more tearing.

I'm assuming some type of iron-on mesh would help to reinforce the stress point.

Where can I buy such a material?

Thanks!

This post was edited by GypsyWaterfowl on Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 0:52

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to reinforce wool coat/fabric at stress points?

I think you are asking about iron on interfacing...which is stable...it also can be had in knit. You will find it at fabric stores and Walmart 's fabric dept. Several weights.

o
RE: How to reinforce wool coat/fabric at stress points?

That sounds about right.

Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here