Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heather78_gw

help with singer sewing machine

heather78
16 years ago

i am having problems getting my singer machine to sew properly. my thread is bunching up or getting stuck.

Comments (4)

• budster
    16 years ago

To give better help, it would be nice to know what Singer model you are working with. Check if the machine is correctly threaded, is the thread on the bobbin wound correctly, is the bobbin inserted correctly, try adjusting the tensions, change the needle, check to make sure the machine in the bobbin area is clean ? Those are a few things I would check first. Look in your manual.....do you have a trouble shooting page? Start from step one in the manual and begin again...rethread, wind up a new bobbin, etc. Is it due for an oiling? Don't get frustrated, just take a break and then go back and try the above and sew on some scrap fabric until you see daylight. Right now, relax and just stop and consider what might be set incorrectly. It might take some time but usually it is some simple little adjustment. Budster

• letsdancelex_gmail_com
    13 years ago

I'm having trouble with my machine...

Here is a video detailing my problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQbJwr57SOU

I was sewing some thick denim before this started happening.

Here is a link that might be useful: VIDEO

• budster
    13 years ago

How did it sew when you used thinner fabric, say a cotton? From your video I would say that there is something wrong with your bobbin...is it over filled? Is it wound evenly? You bought it at Walmart but how long ago? If it was recent (or if you really don't have any luck yourself) I'd haul it back to the store and ask a sales clerk for help. Is the bobbin casing clean? Did you brush it out with a cleaning brush - there maybe a little piece of thread stuck somewhere.....I am not familar with your model so am suggesting some fixes I would try if I had your machine in front of me to play with. Did you try changing the needle and try adjusting your tension on the bobbin...your manual should show you somewhere how to adjust. These are just some suggestions to try out. Good luck. Budster

• shadylady2u
    13 years ago

When the thread's bunching on the bottom, it has to do with the top thread. Try re-threading the top and change the needle. What size and type are you using? Might be the wrong needle. You may have broke the tip off or some thread's stuck as budster said. Take out the bobbin case and check in there and also check the feed dog (you might have to remove it) to see if something's stuck in there.
    When did you buy the machine? If recent, you might want to take it back and exchange for a different brand.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations