Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thompsunshine

Husqvarna/Viking Quilt Designer II

Thompsunshine
9 years ago

I need help. Let me say up front I am not a computer whiz by any stretch of the imagination so any help has to be dumbed down so I can understand. hehe

I have a Husqvarna/Viking Quilt Designer II that uses the d cards for embroidery and other stitches. I also have a Mac with Windows on the flip side and I use Windows to run my sewing needs.

I bought my machine new 6 years ago and got 4D Embroidery and Organizer with it and everything worked beautifully. Last year we had to wipe my computer and reload everything and now the embroidery part of this system doesn't work properly. I have spent most of my spare time in the last year trying to figure out why and my patience is now gone. I am tired of jumping over hurdles and I don't know what to do.

I loaded an embroidery design and the first thing is that I notice the color threads are not anywhere close to what they were shown on EmbroideryDesigns.com. No biggie I can change that. Then I downloaded the changed design to my card and stuck it in the sewing machine and it did not sew correctly. It was half right and half a garbled mess. So I put the d card back into the reader and tried to redownload it again thinking that it downloaded incorrectly. Now it says "transferring data" and never completes the job. No error messages, nothing. It just doesn't complete.

Now thinking that I should have someone check my card and my reader/writer I went to a Husqvarna dealer and come to find out Husqvarna does not support the d card system any longer and I cannot buy new replacements. I think this is an epic fail on Husqvarna's part and they seriously need to correct it.

Bottom line is I want to embroider and I want my programs to all play nice and they aren't. What can I do??

Please help if you can! I am desperate.

Comments (2)