Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rag jacket

Posted by kathyg_in_mi (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 10, 08 at 18:02

Does anyone have the directions to make a rag jacket using a sweatshirt on the inside? They have pics of 2 different ones on this website.
Kathy G in MI

Here is a link that might be useful: Rag jacket pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rag jacket

Several ladies in our quilt guild have them and all they did was cut and sew pieces of fabric to the SS after cuttin off the ribbing.Some did squares,and some formed patterns like those on your link.All edges were left raw.
HTH
Kathi

o

Thanks Kathi,
I've only seen pics, so I didn't have a clue as to how they were put together. One more question, did they use flannnel or homespun cotton.
Kathy G in MI

o

They used cottons and not just the Homespuns.Some used those funky cat prints and assorted colors to go with it,others did use homespuns of all colors.Most said they just went into their scrap collections.HTH
Kathi

o

Kathy, McCalls has a pattern similiar to what you are asking about. It is M4798. They are having the patterns on sale for 99 cents from the 19th to the 25th at Jo-ann Fabrics. Do you have one close by? If not, I would be glad to pick you up one and mail it to you. It would only be a couple bucks. Just let me know.. This pattern is not put on a sweatshirt but could easily be done this way.

Susie

o

Thanks Susie, but I will be sure to stop at Joann's next month and check it out. I did get a pattern for one, from a lady at a quilt store, but she wasn't wearing the jacket, so I didn't get to see it in "person". I made a quilted one and it is great and I get stopped all the time for it, they even try to buy it off my back!
Kathy G in MI
Oh yeah, my old phone number ended in 4798, I won't forget that pattern #, thanks so much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here