Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
brother sewing machine

Posted by luvmypets (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 07 at 16:40

I bought the brother 2600XL worked beautifully. After a few months went by I decided to sew again. Now it is not working properly. My stiches are skipping. When I use a test piece of fabric, fine, go to project and not so fine. Time for a new one, maybe upgrade?? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: brother sewing machine

Have you rethreaded it top and bottom (bobbin) and cleaned the lint out in the bobbin area? Also changed the needle? Is the fabric scrap the same weight as the project. Those things could be causing the skipped stitches.
Susan

o
RE: brother sewing machine

In addition to what Susan said; is the new needle appropriate for the fabric?
If you are sewing a knit, you need a ballpoint needle. You need a smaller needle (60 or 70) for fine fabrics and a heavier needle for heavier fabrics.

The most common cause of skipped stitches is a dull needle. I change mine out every new project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here