Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Been busy lately- sewing

Posted by kathi_mdgd (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 16:02

Here are some of what 've made for my ggk's.

photo DSCF1338.jpg

photo DSCF1341.jpg
 photo DSCF1343.jpg

photo DSCF1340.jpg

photo DSCF1345.jpg

Made these from a t-shirt

photo DSCF1292.jpg

Skort set

photo DSCF1295.jpg

photo DSCF1298.jpg

this shows the leg hem in the ones I made from the t-shirt,i cut it so I used the original hem,so I didn't have to make a new hem.

photo DSCF1294.jpg

Made these next few for my ggs.

photo DSCF1291.jpg

photo DSCF1290.jpg

Adding a few cross stitch finishes here as well since the cs board on this site has no traffic over there.Hope that's ok.

photo DSCF1214.jpg

sc- pom 8-13 photo DSCF1212.jpg

photo DSCF1211.jpg

sc pom 8-13 photo DSCF1213.jpg

photo DSCF1224.jpg

Fall into autumn 2013 photo DSCF1315.jpg

let us give thanks photo DSCF1316.jpg

Think that's enough for awhile.
Kathi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Been busy lately- sewing

Wow, you have been busy! Everything looks wonderful. I'm sure the kiddos will love their new clothes. Are they Christmas gifts?

Donna

o

No not for xmas,they are the "just because",.None of the ggk's live close by so i'm always making or buying stuff I think they'll like,and I don't do any of that expensive junk either like x-boxes etc.For toys I send stuff they have to use their imaginations,hands and eyes.

They love to get my "care pkgs",and I love to sew and am trying to use up some of my stash.

Thanks Donna for the compliment.

I also keep trying to get this board active again,as I know we have a lot of sewers out there.
Kathi

o

Your pictures remind me of sewing I once did to use up fabric I had accumulated. Every winter I made stacks of shorts and t-shirts in varying children's sizes. In the Spring I gave them to a nun who worked in a very poor section of Cincinnati. She would distribute them to families who needed them.

In later years I made all sorts of pajamas for the St. Vincent hotel which took in homeless people, especially families . I double stitched everything as I knew they would be washed every day.
Once in a while I used a pattern for a really pretty little girl's nightie and always hoped it gave a tot a happy night.

o

How wonderful your work is thanks for sharing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here