Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linde_gw

loss of thread

linde
14 years ago

Hi,

first of all: sorry for my english, it's a bit rusty...

I have a sewing machine of Singer. The thread keeps coming out of the needle while I'm sewing. What is the cause of this? And more importantly, how can I fix this?

I hope someone will be able to help me,

Linde

Comments (3)

• pattiohio
    14 years ago

Hi Linde,
    Is the thread breaking? May have a burr on your spool of thread, if your thread lays down it might be catching on the spool holder.
    When threading machine make sure presser foot is up, and thread is going through all the tension guides, thread needle and pull towards the back.
    Rotate needle forward so it is in fabric when starting to sew.
    Last thing, most Singer machines require Singer needles they are a little thinner than other needles. Make sure thread not too thick for needle.
    Hope this helps.

• oilpainter
    14 years ago

When you sew and stop the machine, remove your material, pull out a long tail of thread and then cut it and that will solve your problem. You can also hold on to the thread until you take your first stitch if you don't want to pull out a tail of thread.

If the needle is up and you start to sew the take up lever pulls the thread the distance from the it's top position to the material. It's much easier to pull it from the needle instead of the spool.

• sandy2_gw
    14 years ago

May not be threaded correctly. I was taught though if there is something wrong on top then check your bobbin. You may have that in wrong. And if there is something wrong with the bobbin then check the top. Good thing to remember -- it always works for me.