Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mayland_gw

Help with making a Roman shade

mayland
16 years ago

I'm sewing-challenged and looking for an easy fix for one of my shopping boo-boos. I bought the shades below for my 3-yr old's bedroom (he wants RED shades). I didnt realise until they arrived that they are just the fabric, with no headrail, no pulley system etc.

I could return them but the fabric is really nice, the price is good, and my little boy is asking me every 5 mins whether I can hang his red shades.

So, I've been looking online to try to buy whatever I will need to be able to hang these. I was hoping to find a "roman shade kit" ;) I've found lots of hardware, but I dont know which items I actually need to buy. I want to be able to raise/lower the shade.

Do I need to attach this to a headrail/board thing? The fabric does have a rod pocket. Can I thread the shade onto a rod and still somehow install a pulley system? Can the pulley fixture then be attached to the window opening, if I use a rod instead of a headrail? Or is there no way to avoid a headrail?

It also has rings on the back. I think I will be able to work out how to thread the cord for the pulley system. So my main question is about the headrail versus the rod.

Thank you for your help!

Here is a link that might be useful: shade

Comments (5)