Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bazaar items?

Posted by jackierooke (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 19, 08 at 14:24

I'm trying to find ideas that are relatively fast to sew for bazaar items. Been eons since I've even been to one so no idea what is popular today. Any help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bazaar items?

shopping bags? (to use at the store instead of those plastic ones) - tote bags, wallet, checkbook cover, aprons w/matching potholder, placemats w/matching napkins, table runner, tree skirt....think of the kind of things someone would purchase for a Christmas gift, especially if done in seasonal fabric if purchasing for personal use.

o
RE: Bazaar items?

We used to do a big craft show each year and found the items worth $5.00 to $10.00 sold really well. Lots of people came each ear to buy teacher's gifts and such. I made homemade gift tags and I could have sold double what I made. I made 25 of the cloth jewelry bags. If you have a serger these make up fast. Other items were glass cases, casserole carriers, any type of angel or snowman sold like crazy. I made snowmen napkin rings and they were a big hit. I boxed them up with eight in a box. I took 50 orders for them.. Doll clothes and blankets..There were 15 of us ladies and we made $10,000 in 2 days..

Just have fun..

Susie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here