Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missemerald

Looking for a sunbonnet pattern for an 18' doll

missemerald
14 years ago

My daughter is AG doll crazy. I have a sewing machine, so rather than buying doll clothes I've been making them and she loves them (I've been having fun, too). But, I am unable to find a pattern for an American Girl doll (18") sized sunbonnet (think Little House on the Prairie style). Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

Comments (11)

• pattiohio
    14 years ago

You might find one here, may have to go to a few sites, most of the patterns are free.

Here is a link that might be useful: AG Doll Patterns

• susie53_gw
    14 years ago

Check out McCall's pattern # 3627. If you just want the pattern for the hat send me your address and I will copy it and send it to you.. JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby have the pattern for .99 often...

Susie

• susie53_gw
    14 years ago

JoAnns is having the McCalls patterns on sale for .99 from the 18th through the 24th. I can pick up a pattern for you..

Susie

• missemerald
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the tip about McCalls and the sale at Joanns! I'll head over there tomorrow-- I'm on their mailing lists but never seem to get their sale notices until after the sale is over. Thanks again!

• susie53_gw
    14 years ago

You can check out their sales flyer online, too.

• missemerald
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Susie, Thanks for the tip about Joanns-- I just bought that pattern and my daughter is thrilled with it! The remnents are on sale too, so I was thrilled about that as well.

Does anyone really pay full price for patterns anymore? I wonder about that...

• susie53_gw
    14 years ago

You are certainly welcome. Sad you didn't get the new flyer. It has some really good coupons. Two 50% off coupons for the next 2 weeks.. Moodlight sale through the 24th. I will head in tomorrow...

We have a Hobby Lobby close to JoAnns so between the 2 most of the patterns are always on sale for .99.

I am going in to look at the serger on sale. May just have to buy it.. Just trying to decide if I would use it enough to justify buying it..

Susie

• susie53_gw
    14 years ago

I went in today and bought some red tag fabrics, too. I make the jewelry bags and I am making all the ladies in the family one for Christmas. We also have a friend that makes pottery jewelry and I am making her 10 to surprise her lady friends. Also bought a serger. I had been wanting one so today was the day. Now I just have to figure it all out.. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!

Susie

• missemerald
    Original Author
    14 years ago

What is a jewelry bag? That sounds like an interesting gift item.

• susie53_gw
    14 years ago

Check out csnstores.com and you will see what it looks like. It is called a Baggallini Drawstring Jewelry Bag. If you have a serger they are super easy and pretty quick to make. Nice small gift for giving. You make it out of two different size circles using 2 different prints..

Susie

• oceanna
    9 years ago

I have a book called, "The Doll's Dressmaker." It is loaded with patterns for many sizes of dolls. It includes patterns for several types of hats and bonnets, as well as instructions for making accessories and patterns to sew about anything you want. It is THE book if you want to sew doll clothes. You won't need to buy a pattern again.

Take your doll's measurements and compare them to the pattern you want to use. If the pattern doesn't fit, figure a measurement that will fit. Figure out the percentage of difference, i.e. "I need a pattern that is 25% larger/smaller." Then scan the pattern into your computer and increase or decrease the pattern size by the percent you need. Print, and you've got a pattern you can use.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!