Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tommyjmcintosh

HELP Wilcox and Gibbs serger

tommyjmcintosh
18 years ago

I am looking for a source or someone that can help me thread a Wilcox and Gibbs serger. I bought it from the dil of the womand that used it and it was not threaded and I need help. Thanks

Comments (37)

• shadylady2u
    18 years ago

This is for the 515 and 516 models. Don't know which you have, but take a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wilcox threading

• tommyjmcintosh
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you so much for your help.

• chelone
    18 years ago

My W&G has the threading diagram inside the door that provides access to the loopers. I'm surprised your's doesn't, too, but they often fall off with age. If you look carefully you may be able to find traces of yellow, green, and blue on the thread guides that lead to the loopers for the overlock and the safety stitich (in that order), though it, too, tends to wear off with use and the inevitable oil carried by fabric lint. (Yellow is the sun and is the overlooper, Green is the grass and is the underlooper, blue is for the safety stitch; this is the configuration of the 516 which has a 3 thread overlock stitch). The 515 is a two thread overlock stitich and has only one looper and a spreader. (My machine was a 515, but I had it converted because I enjoy making swimwear and you really ought to use a 3 thread for that sort of work.

You will want a threading wire to make it easier to thread the safety stitch looper and the over looper (yellow) for the overlock stitich. The threads run through tubes and they are real pain in the neck to thread! You WILL get the hang of it, but you have to be a bit of a contortionist to get it the first few times. .

I tie off the thread and pull them through, though you want to be careful with the safety stitch looper... it is easy to get it wound around the take up mechanism and creat a real mess. I tend to disengage that thread back to the thread guide tube...

It's a wonderful machine, you will love it once you "make friends with it".

• kgfkgf
    18 years ago

I have a home-drawn threading diagram for industrial model #803. If it helps you I can send it to you.

I am wanting to know how to adjust stitch length and width. Any help would be appreciated.

• tommyjmcintosh
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes, please send it, I don't know what model it is, only that it is an industrial one, and I still haven't got it threaded right. Thanks Charlotte

• irenemv_sbcglobal_net
    12 years ago

I need to thread my old W & C 803c1 I just got this one and lost my hand drawn diagram. Can anyone help. Please email me irenemv@sbcglobal.net

Here is a link that might be useful: irene 803

• Harukito
    12 years ago

Hi! I need to thread my W & C 500/V type 504/V-25 and I have NO idea how to do it!
    I just bought it and it came without manual, so I donôt know!
    Please help me!

• verystuck
    11 years ago

This may be a shot in the dark as I appreciate this is a very old thread, but it is the only place I have come across where anyone has suggested that they have a threading diagram for a Wilcox and Gibbs 803 overlocker. I have just been given one with one thread still in, but I cannot work out what to do with the other two! Any help would be much appreciated as without it I think it may be doomed to become scrap metal :(

• Riacovelli
    9 years ago

i need a digram of threading an 803 as well please e-mail to need ASAP Please help

This post was edited by Riacovelli on Fri, Nov 14, 14 at 18:01

• dancingirl_gw
    9 years ago

You gals are putting yourselves at risk by posting your email info. There is private messaging that you can share your address via. I would never post my personal info that can be seen around the world. Just saying.

• Riacovelli
    9 years ago

not a girl but figured it out if anyone needs the 803CI threading info i can send photos

• Joyce Jones
    8 years ago

I will be happy to email anyone a drawing on how to thread willcox gibbs style 803c151 serger. My emailis joycescurtains@hotmail.com

• Paul Rutan Jr.
    7 years ago

Hello. I am beginning to restore a model 803C. And I don't have a clue. Does anyone here still have information on my machine? Thanks.

• Linda Call
    7 years ago

Please help. I have become a little visually impaired and am having problems threading the primary looper on my wg 820 serger. I have had it for 20 years, but never had an issue with rethreading it until now.

• Joyce Jones
    7 years ago

I have try to post how go thread willcox serger on this site to help all.

• Joyce Jones
    7 years ago

Willcox and gibb serger how to thread hope this help everyone.

• Lori Hartenhoff
    5 years ago

can anyone help me thread a wilcox/ gibbs 500/iv -26. the manual I have is very confusing....which order should you thread the machine? upper looper then lower looper then needle???

• Linda Sweigart
    5 years ago

can anyone help me thread a willcox7gibbs superlock 803

• Richard Iacovelli
    5 years ago

does anyone know where i can get a replacement knife for this machine

• Simon Enouen
    5 years ago

I purchased some knifes off ebay that fit the upper and lower cutter holders but I had to re-grind the cutting blade. If you search ebay for "d-110 superlock" you'll find some listings.

• HU-398499968
    3 years ago

I would like directions for threading 803 model. Can’t seem to find anything that helps. Thanks

• Yen Bristow
    3 years ago

you can go in youtube and watch it can help you you can type how to thread serge machine i hope it help

• HU-178645684
    3 years ago

quisiera saber que tipo de aguja usa, pues se quebro y nose como buscarla..

gracias

• donnar57
    3 years ago

I had to go to Google Translate, but are you looking for what type of needle to use? Have you taken an old one out of your machine and tried to identify it? Or take a photo of the needle and post it here?

• Damian Smallwood
    3 years ago

hello I am wondering if anyone would have a photo of the maintenance sticker on the inside, I do not have the bottom half and would like to what is printed, I just got a 803 Saturday and the machine was frozen solid and inside was crusted, I was able to get everything cleaned freed but in process of cleaning old oil sludge encrusted with thread and solid mass; lost the bottom half of the sticker. which also meant it was overfilled because on what I could see only the filter needed to be covered.

• Grill & chill
    3 years ago

I come from Germany and am looking for instructions on how to thread my Willcox and Gibbs Superlock 803. My problem is that my lower looper (looper, primary) has no hole (part number D 20-2 instead of D 20-3).
    who can help me
    Many Thanks

• Sofia Painchault
    3 years ago

Hi I have a Willcoc & Gibbs superlock 820 I’m no sure is 820 but I don’t have idea what is the way to open the machine for put oil could you please help me with that thank you.

• Barn Hog
    2 years ago

• Barn Hog
    2 years ago

• Shawn Elgaaen
    last year
    last modified: last year

I have a threading diagram that matches the Superlock 803-Z 79. Don't know if it will help. The only difference I see is that the thread tensioners are set up a little differently.

• Jack T
    last year

1. What kind of oil do I use for my Superlock ?

2 .With the serial number, how could I find the model of my machine ?

• Mountain Joe
    last year
    last modified: last year

Hey jack, any quality sewing machine oil will be good. as far as using the serial number number to indentify the model i’m not sure, they came with small plates affixed to the top that would say the model but the plates fall off easily.

• HU-982792725
    last year

So i just got my first serger, a Wilcox and Gibbs 803C1 3 thread machine. It seams to be very difficult to find the manuals for this machine. can anyone point me in the right direction for a pdf manual?

• Mountain Joe
    last year

The 803 is the superlock and you’ll find threading diagrams above

• fernando hernandez
    6 months ago
    last modified: 6 months ago

tengo 2 maquinas de este modelo que estoy viendo y quisiera comprar loperes para las dos maquinas yo las puedo reparar si me ayudan con gusto me pongo en contacto si me responden

• fernando hernandez
    6 months ago
    last modified: 6 months ago

me podrian ayudar y desirme donde puedo comprar repuestos para esta maquina que estoy viendo.es una 2.808-c-2-1 serie47302 gracias.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations