Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Singer 6038 needle thread tension dial

Posted by Mike405 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 8, 05 at 11:36

Help please. I have a Singer 6038 sewing machine and the kids took off the needle thread tension dial and I'm not sure how it goes back on. There are 4 metal clips, a spring and the dial itself. I'm just not sure in which order the 4 metal clips go back in there and which way they need to face. I have the instruction book but it doesn't have any information on how this goes back together. If anyone knows how they go on or has a good repair diagram link please let me know. I really don't want to take the machine to the repair place just to pay someone money to screw the knob back on.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Singer 6038 needle thread tension dial

I think there's more to it than just screwing it back on.It's gonna have to be reset.So your best bet is to take it to the shop!!!
Sounds like a talk with the kids should happen also,they need to learn not to touch your machine unless you're in the room or have given them permission to do so.All of my kids and grand kids know that my machines are off limits to them,as are my scissors and numerous other things in my sewing room.
Good luck,hope they can get it fixed in a timely manner and without too much cost.
Kathi

o
RE: Singer 6038 needle thread tension dial

SO Mike405 did you get that tension fixed??
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here