Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sewing Panties

Posted by puzzlefan (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 07 at 10:20

I have become so frustrated with the quality of cotton knit panties whatever the price range. The fabric is poor, the elastic even worse. I'd like to sew my own. Where would you recommend buying the fabric and what weight of cotton knit did you use?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sewing Panties

I can't remember the one I once used, but this one looks pretty good.

http://www.sewsassy.com/LingerieProducts/LingerieProducts.html

o

Puzzle fan check out QVC for Breezies. I 've been wearing them for years and love them.

o

A good fabric shop should carry lingerie fabric.The problem is good shops are few and far between these days.

I used to make my own many years ago,i took lingerie making classes,and used to be able to find good stuff.Not anymore though.The fabrics and the elastics are very hard to find in my area,and i live in a good size city.
Kathi

o

Kathi, are you in the San Diego area? You might try Yardage Town - they used to have a great selection of elastics at the MiraMesa store. I don't know if they still do. I gave up on making my own lingerie awhile ago. (Another post of yours sounded like you were describing north county San Diego.)

DonnaR/CA San Diego County

o

Yes Donna,i'm in Oceanside.Never gave yardage town a thought,we have one of those in Vista,but i always forget about it.

Would you happen to know where to get some nice t-shirt knit PRINTS?
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here