Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jomuir

Cats & Sewing don't mix

jomuir
11 years ago

So I'm in my sewing room in the basement, doing some ironing/laundry. Watching a spooky movie on TCM, the door is closed & all is well. Then suddenly without warning, a kitten falls out of the ceiling right next to me!

Our new kitten Louie had climbed through an opening in the furnace room, up into the dropped ceiling & the whole ceiling tile & kitten came down a foot away from me. He was stealthy too, I didn't hear him up there at all. Little rascal. And I thought sewing was a relaxing hobby!

Comments (6)

• sheesh
    11 years ago

Good grief, I would've had a heart attack! Perfect setting, what with the movie and all.

In our old house there was a bedroom addition with a crawl space under it where our young sons slept. They kept reporting odd noises in their new rooms, we scoffed and teased and figured they were just spooked. One day I was in the basement doing laundry when the cat jumped down onto the washer from a tiny hole in the wall. I tell you, it was nearly the end of me! I have no idea how she found that little hole way up high, but the spooky noises stopped as
    soon as hub fixed the hole. We felt a little guilty about scoffing at the kids for those few weeks.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Wow! That would've really frightened me! I expected a story about a kitty getting tangled up in the fabric...not that! Yikes!

• jomuir
    Original Author
    11 years ago

well I'm glad I'm not the only victim of an exploring cat. That's funny about the addition & your kids. Louie's a little doll but I sure wanted to strangle him!

• evaf555
    11 years ago

Completely off-topic and nothing to do with sewing, just cats.

The night before our wedding, Hubby and my sister and I spent the evening decorating the wedding cake and making a mix tape for the reception. Sis left. Cat was nowhere to be found.

We lived in a not-so-good area of the city. I went outside to look for the cat- circling the apartment building, hissing "Portia! Portia!" It was after midnight, and I didn't want to wake anyone.

I came back in, absolutely devastated to lose my cat the night before my wedding. Hubby was certain she didn't get out, she must be somewhere in our two room apartment.

I went into the bedroom, the bedroom so tiny we had to fill up and close the closet before we moved in and set up the full size bed. The closet door was cracked open.

I walked over to the closet, looked up at the suspended ceiling. "Portia!" I called again. I heard a soft padding sound, and two green orbs appeared over the edge of the suspended ceiling tile.

• jomuir
    Original Author
    11 years ago

so I'm not the only one with a little rascal for a cat! Glad she turned up & wasn't lost outside.

• FlamingO in AR
    11 years ago

You lost me at "watching a spooky movie in the basement"! Who DOES that? LOL

Cute story, I've got a couple of cats that would totally do that, get into a ceiling, make it crash down, scare me to death...... rascally cats!

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County