Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone name this fabric?

Posted by specialkayster (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 16, 10 at 4:32

I'm looking for the name of a fabric that I bought in a quilt shop about 3 years ago. I bought this fabric to make a first dress for my daughter, got too busy and never finished it. Now I'm finishing the dress for a friend's daughter, but I would like to have some of the fabric for sentimental reasons. The fabric is medium rose in color with cream-colored hearts, which have curls at the rounded tops. The hearts are approx 1/4 inch in size. I would scan it and post a picture if I knew how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone name this fabric?

I believe the fabric could be either called Lamour by Sandy Gervais for Moda Fabrics. There are probably 12-15 different heart fabrics in that line. The other is by Loralie Harris it was made for breast cancer awarenss. It definitely has the curly tops but not sure who the manufacturer is I can't recall. Both are high end quilt fabrics. You can go to United Notions.com for the Moda fabrics. I use a wholesaler that has a link to other fabric manufacturers that may help. It is www.fousttextiles.com/links/
I use it when I need a special fabric they can order for me. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

o
RE: Can anyone name this fabric?

I always use the search engine at www.quiltshops.com

They will show you thumbnails of every fabric in hundreds of quilt shops that meet your search criteria. You can buy it from the shop that has it, usually there are several shops that have it.

This link is to the L'Amour fabric that graciesfire found.

Here is a link that might be useful: Is this it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here